Is my bluetooth keyboard/mouse broken?

lorthus

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
Hello, I bought this keyboard and mouse on ebay, they are used but in good shape, they didnt come with the bluetooth dongle so I had to buy my own

So I plugged my USB dongle and installed drivers no problems there...
Then I open "BlueSoeil" which I guess is the software that makes the keyboard and mouse work.

They detect my keyboard and mouse but I cant get them to work I got the mouse to work once but then I removed it because the keyboard wasnt working, it keeps asking me for a passkey, the keyboard gives me a passkey but when I put it in the mouse it says Authentication failed.

Any ideas? thanks

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Hello, I bought this keyboard and mouse on ebay, they are used but in good shape, they didnt come with the bluetooth dongle so I had to buy my own

So I plugged my USB dongle and installed drivers no problems there...
Then I open "BlueSoeil" which I guess is the software that makes the keyboard and mouse work.

They detect my keyboard and mouse but I cant get them to work I got the mouse to work once but then I removed it because the keyboard wasnt working, it keeps asking me for a passkey, the keyboard gives me a passkey but when I put it in the mouse it says Authentication failed.

Any ideas? thanks

The keyboard and mouse won't have the same passkey, and its likely the mouse has no passkey at all. Try setting it up again using a passkey for the kb and nothing for the mouse.