Crash after adding memory and floppy drive...

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:

Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
"3FA1", service 8016.
Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
program again to correct the problem.
To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
etc..

What do I do to fix this? Any help greatly apprecated...

Dennis Q.

http://www.siue.edu/HELPDESK/mcafee/winfaq.html

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
> I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
> every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
>
> Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
> "3FA1", service 8016.
> Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
> program again to correct the problem.
> To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
> Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
> etc..
>
> What do I do to fix this? Any help greatly apprecated...
>
> Dennis Q.

HAGGIS

"Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
>I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
> every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
>
> Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
> "3FA1", service 8016.
> Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
> program again to correct the problem.
> To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
> Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
> etc..
>
> What do I do to fix this? Any help greatly apprecated...
>
> Dennis Q.

uninstall / reinstall your antivirus software

Philo

"Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
> I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
> every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
>
> Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
> "3FA1", service 8016.
> Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
> program again to correct the problem.
> To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
> Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
> etc..

probably incompatable or bad memory...
remove the stick you just put in...
and if the problem goes away...then it's a memory problem allright

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled McAffee and it does the
same thing with the same message. I've ran McAfee for years and
have never had a problem with it...

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
>> I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
>> every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
>>
>> Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
>> "3FA1", service 8016.
>> Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
>> program again to correct the problem.
>> To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
>> Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
>> etc..
>>

> probably incompatable or bad memory...
> remove the stick you just put in...
> and if the problem goes away...then it's a memory problem allright

ditto

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Can it be the memory even if it shows the correct amount of memory
in Windows and appears to be working other than the Vshield VxD
error?

philo wrote:

> "Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
>
>>I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
>>every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
>>
>>Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
>>"3FA1", service 8016.
>>Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
>>program again to correct the problem.
>>To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
>>Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
>>etc..
>>

> probably incompatable or bad memory...
> remove the stick you just put in...
> and if the problem goes away...then it's a memory problem allright

Memory testers

DocMemory 2.0
http://www.simmtester.com

Memtest86
http://www.memtest86.com

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message
> > I added a stick of memory and replaced the floppy drive. On reboot
> > every time since I get the Big Blue Screen saying:
> >
> > Invalid VxD dynamic link call from Vshield(01)+000096E2 to device
> > "3FA1", service 8016.
> > Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows set up
> > program again to correct the problem.
> > To continue running Windows Press Y or Enter to close this program
> > Press N and Enter. If you continue to run Windows it may be unstable...
> > etc..
> >

> probably incompatable or bad memory...
> remove the stick you just put in...
> and if the problem goes away...then it's a memory problem allright

HAGGIS

it sure can....

see Jack's memory tester's