Deleting Files

Hi, i would like a system where on my computer, documents that are older than
a year would be deleted automatically. how would i go about doing this??

A BAT file possibly that runs once a month? it would be for a variety of
operating systems, win95, 98 and XP.

any line(s) of code that would do this??

can anyone help me achieve this.

regards and thanks in advance.

Use Find, Files and Folders. Filter on Modified date.

However, you might want to consider that most of the files on your
computer are more than one year old. I would assume that what you want
to do is delete *personal* files that are more than a year old? If
you're an average user, most of those would be in My Documents.

Yes, there are ways to do it "automatically", but not a BAT file, I
don't think. A script would probably work better. However, unless you're
very careful, the first time you run it you're very liable to destroy
your system.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User