How to stop sounds in 98SE

In my 98SE, when I play songs, I find that normal sounds of
windows and some programs are interfering in the song sounds.

How do I stop windows and various software from making their
sounds, so that my songs play in their elements?

I did not find any method for that in controlpanel-sounds.

TIA.
--
Rawat

In sounds on the control panel, go to program events and select None for
each event. For other programs, check the programs' options to see if the
sound can be disabled.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

V S Rawat wrote:
> In my 98SE, when I play songs, I find that normal sounds of
> windows and some programs are interfering in the song sounds.
>
> How do I stop windows and various software from making their
> sounds, so that my songs play in their elements?
>
> I did not find any method for that in controlpanel-sounds.

That's pretty much *ALL* that is there. You set each event to the sound
you want. One of the "sound" options is "none".

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

HAGGIS

"Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> In sounds on the control panel, go to program events and select None for
> each event. For other programs, check the programs' options to see if the
> sound can be disabled.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>
> "V S Rawat" <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in message
>> In my 98SE, when I play songs, I find that normal sounds of windows and
>> some programs are interfering in the song sounds.
>>
>> How do I stop windows and various software from making their sounds, so
>> that my songs play in their elements?
>>
>> I did not find any method for that in controlpanel-sounds.
>>
>> TIA.
>> --
>> Rawat

or choose 'no sounds' as a sound scheme

Haggis wrote:
> "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
>> In sounds on the control panel, go to program events and select None
>> for each event. For other programs, check the programs' options to
>> see if the sound can be disabled.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
>> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
>> Knowledge Base Info:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>>
>> "V S Rawat" <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in message
>>> In my 98SE, when I play songs, I find that normal sounds of windows
>>> and some programs are interfering in the song sounds.
>>>
>>> How do I stop windows and various software from making their
>>> sounds, so that my songs play in their elements?
>>>
>>> I did not find any method for that in controlpanel-sounds.
>>>
>>> TIA.
>>> --
>>> Rawat
>>

> or choose 'no sounds' as a sound scheme

That takes the fun out of it :)

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

HAGGIS

"dadiOH" <dadiOH@x-mail.net> wrote in message
> Haggis wrote:
>> "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
>>> In sounds on the control panel, go to program events and select None
>>> for each event. For other programs, check the programs' options to
>>> see if the sound can be disabled.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
>>> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
>>> Knowledge Base Info:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>>>
>>> "V S Rawat" <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in message

>> or choose 'no sounds' as a sound scheme
>
> That takes the fun out of it :)
>
> --
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

:>

On 3/17/05 1:17 AM India Time, _Haggis_ wrote:

> "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
>
>>In sounds on the control panel, go to program events and select None for
>>each event. For other programs, check the programs' options to see if the
>>sound can be disabled.
>>
>>--
>>Regards
>>
>>Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
>>Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
>>Knowledge Base Info:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>>
>>"V S Rawat" <VSRawat@invalid.none> wrote in message
>>
>>>In my 98SE, when I play songs, I find that normal sounds of windows and
>>>some programs are interfering in the song sounds.
>>>
>>>How do I stop windows and various software from making their sounds, so
>>>that my songs play in their elements?
>>>
>>>I did not find any method for that in controlpanel-sounds.
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>--
>>>Rawat
>>

> or choose 'no sounds' as a sound scheme

oops! That was hidden there under schemes.

I located it and selected "no sounds". Till now all windows
sounds have been muted. And my songs play without any
overvoice from other programs.

THanks a lot to all. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

--
Rawat