PC memory test at Microsoft site?

Archer

Gentlemen,

A few days ago (I think on the 13th) someone posted as answer to a question
and in the answer they posted a link to a Microsoft site where you could run
a memory test on your computer. I can't locate the site now and I am hoping
someone could re-post the link to the site. I did a search of the Microsoft
knowledge base and a Google search but I couldn't find it. I would like to
do a test of the memory use on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Archer

"Archer" <Archer@invalid.net> wrote in

> Gentlemen,
>
> A few days ago (I think on the 13th) someone posted as answer to a
> question and in the answer they posted a link to a Microsoft site where
> you could run a memory test on your computer. I can't locate the site
> now and I am hoping someone could re-post the link to the site. I did a
> search of the Microsoft knowledge base and a Google search but I
> couldn't find it. I would like to do a test of the memory use on my
> computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Archer

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

HAGGIS

"Archer" <Archer@invalid.net> wrote in message
> Gentlemen,
>
> A few days ago (I think on the 13th) someone posted as answer to a
> question
> and in the answer they posted a link to a Microsoft site where you could
> run
> a memory test on your computer. I can't locate the site now and I am
> hoping
> someone could re-post the link to the site. I did a search of the
> Microsoft
> knowledge base and a Google search but I couldn't find it. I would like to
> do a test of the memory use on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Archer

maybe one of these ?

DocMemory
www.simmtester.com
MemTest86

http://www.memtest86.com/ (Suggest you might want to try the ISO version
if you have a CD Burner.)
Windows Memory Tester

Windows Memory Diagnostic
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

thks to Gary

Philo

"Haggis" <bingsnapREMOVE@THIShotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Archer" <Archer@invalid.net> wrote in message
> > Gentlemen,
> >
> > A few days ago (I think on the 13th) someone posted as answer to a
> > question
> > and in the answer they posted a link to a Microsoft site where you could
> > run
> > a memory test on your computer. I can't locate the site now and I am
> > hoping
> > someone could re-post the link to the site. I did a search of the
> > Microsoft
> > knowledge base and a Google search but I couldn't find it. I would like
> > do a test of the memory use on my computer. Any help would be
appreciated.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Archer
> >

> maybe one of these ?
>
> DocMemory
> www.simmtester.com
> MemTest86
>
> http://www.memtest86.com/ (Suggest you might want to try the ISO version
> if you have a CD Burner.)
> Windows Memory Tester
>
> Windows Memory Diagnostic
> http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

the above link was one that i had posted recently (don't know whose post you
saw)
i've found it to be a good one...i personally prefer it to memtest86

I regularly post with these links....the last one is the Microsoft utility. Note
that they all are boot-floppy disk-making utilities, and you must then boot with the
floppy disk they create, in order to run the tests.

DocMemory
http://www.simmtester.com/page/products/doc/download.asp

MemTest86+:
http://www.memtest.org/

Windows Memory Tester
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~