Bill Leaming

Hi All,

For anyone interested, I just noticed among today's new files at Avsim,
that Bill Leaning has released an XML War Emergency Power guage.

Regards,
John Ward

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:10 +1000, John ward wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For anyone interested, I just noticed among today's new files at Avsim,
> that Bill Leaning has released an XML War Emergency Power guage.

I would be enthusiastic if I knew what it was actually for. What it does.
You're a smart fella, JayDub....fill us in, mate.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:20:29 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:10 +1000, John ward wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For anyone interested, I just noticed among today's new files at Avsim,
>> that Bill Leaning has released an XML War Emergency Power guage.
>
>I would be enthusiastic if I knew what it was actually for. What it does.
>You're a smart fella, JayDub....fill us in, mate.

In Combat Flight sim a number of the prop fighters have what is
called, "War Emergency Power". It's in essence, over boosting the
engines and can only be used for just so long, but there is nothing to
tell you how much you have used or how much is left before it is no
longer available. I would assume Bill has developed a gauge for this
in either minutes, percent, or both.

Kind of a handy thing to have.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:10 +1000, John ward wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For anyone interested, I just noticed among today's new files at
>> Avsim,
>> that Bill Leaning has released an XML War Emergency Power guage.
>
> I would be enthusiastic if I knew what it was actually for. What it does.
> You're a smart fella, JayDub....fill us in, mate.

> Marcel (SAG-21)

I notice he's got one on his roof already... yep
Butts

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:11:22 -0400, Roger wrote:

> In Combat Flight sim a number of the prop fighters have what is
> called, "War Emergency Power". It's in essence, over boosting the
> engines and can only be used for just so long, but there is nothing to
> tell you how much you have used or how much is left before it is no
> longer available. I would assume Bill has developed a gauge for this
> in either minutes, percent, or both.

Hi Roger!
I see you're still keeping busy.
1023 hours on the Glasair III. You know things are starting to come
together when bricks are used as tools. :)

Well that WEP sure sounds like a handy little gadget to have when the going
gets tough. Sort of like Direct Port Injection. Or same thing?

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Hi Studmuffin,

It was a physical throttle gate on many Spitfires, and other WWII
planes, that let you REALLY tax the engine.

Different methods were used, for different engines, to implement it.

On the Spitfires, you had 5 minutes, and even then, the mechanics hated
it due to the extra work they had to do to return that plane to the air
ASAP.

It was noted if you had used it.

There is a freely available guage that indicates WEP Engaged, or
otherwise, and elapsed time....

Maybe you could use one in the Jeep?? :))

Regards,
John Ward

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:05:25 +1000, John ward wrote:

> Hi Studmuffin,
>
> It was a physical throttle gate on many Spitfires, and other WWII
> planes, that let you REALLY tax the engine.
>
> Different methods were used, for different engines, to implement it.
>
> On the Spitfires, you had 5 minutes, and even then, the mechanics hated
> it due to the extra work they had to do to return that plane to the air
> ASAP.
>
> It was noted if you had used it.
>
> There is a freely available guage that indicates WEP Engaged, or
> otherwise, and elapsed time....

Ahhh hell....all these years I thought the Spits had natural speed.
Spin, roll, dive, pull up, roll and do it all again. I always thought that
was how it was done. Well gee whiz....

http://www.netsector.com/tony/maiden/lyrics/aces_high.htm

> Maybe you could use one in the Jeep?? :))

Naaah...the slower the better.
Those 190 horses do things just right, thank you. :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> Ahhh hell....all these years I thought the Spits had natural speed.
> Spin, roll, dive, pull up, roll and do it all again. I always thought that
> was how it was done. Well gee whiz....
>
> http://www.netsector.com/tony/maiden/lyrics/aces_high.htm

Nice.... But I haven't figured out how to get out from under the bomb
shelter yet.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Hi Marcel,

I'll have to do some research, and see if I can find out who Steve
Harris is/was.

Thanks for the Link.

Regards,
John Ward

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:54:31 +1000, John ward wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> I'll have to do some research, and see if I can find out who Steve
> Harris is/was.

No need, mate.

Steve Harris is the bassplayer for Iron Maiden. He writes all their lyrics.