Canon MP780 no DVD / CD printing in the U.S.

I recently discovered that the version of the MP780 that is sold in
North America is not able to print on CDs and DVDs as oppose to the
version that is sold in Europe and Asia. see this link for a brochure
that documents this feature.
http://www.canon.co.nz/ftp/mp750%20%26%20mp780%20brochure.pdf

The question is whether the 780 that is sold in the US is still able to
print on CDs if the appropreate tray is provided? Any printer techies
out there?
1 answer Last reply
More about canon mp780 printing

    "Nickname" <y2roman@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I recently discovered that the version of the MP780 that is sold in
    > North America is not able to print on CDs and DVDs as oppose to the
    > version that is sold in Europe and Asia. see this link for a brochure
    > that documents this feature.
    > http://www.canon.co.nz/ftp/mp750%20%26%20mp780%20brochure.pdf
    >

    > The question is whether the 780 that is sold in the US is still able to
    > print on CDs if the appropreate tray is provided? Any printer techies
    > out there?

    It would take the correct tray, drivers and ROM setting.
    Then in 'should' be able to.

Printers CD-Rom Peripherals