Need a recommended CD printer.

I want to buy a printer to print onto CD's.
I've seen a few samples that other people have made and the quality is
rubbish!
AND... the print rubs of when touched!

Are there specific printers that would be highly recommended?
I don't understand why there should be a problem with the print rubbing
off.

Thanks.

OM

I'm in the UK.
I was actually considering the IP4000.
It looks well spec'd.

Have you tried using compatible ink cartidges?
Are they any good...?

Let me know.

Thanks.

OM

<om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a printer to print onto CD's.
> I've seen a few samples that other people have made and the quality is
> rubbish!
> AND... the print rubs of when touched!
>
> Are there specific printers that would be highly recommended?
> I don't understand why there should be a problem with the print rubbing
> off.

What country are you in? I'm very happy with the IP4000, but it's not
available in the US (the CD printing component) Haven't had any problems
with ink rubbing off - maybe your friend wasn't using printable media?

Sounds to me like someone was trying to print on regular CDs or ones
designed for laser printing.

CDs for inkjet printers, have a special coating on them designed to
accept inkjet inks. It is a white porous coating, and the ink does not
rub off typically.

Art