running win98 apps on xp?

is there any program or site to go to in order to see if any of my win98
applications will run on winxp home edition?
2 answers Last reply
More about running win98 apps

    Most apps will, XP has a compatibility mode that you can set for apps if
    needed.

    If you have the XP CD you can run the upgrade advisor from the CD.
    If not you can check by using the upgrade advisor download indirectly here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/upgrading/checkcompat.asp

    or here directly
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

    However I would suggest, if you have a friend with an XP CD, borrow it and
    run the advisor from it, the Advisor download is approx. 32MB.

    --

    Brian A.

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Gary Grantham" <garygrantham@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > is there any program or site to go to in order to see if any of my win98
    > applications will run on winxp home edition?

    To add to my previous response.
    Please ask all XP related questions in an appropriate XP ng such as:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility

    --

    Brian A.

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Gary Grantham" <garygrantham@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > is there any program or site to go to in order to see if any of my win98
    > applications will run on winxp home edition?

Apps Microsoft Windows XP Windows