yourname3232

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I just put together a budget system for internet browsing etc and I have some questions about the M7NCG 400 mobo. It has a s/pdif out header on the mobo but where can I find/make a cable? And this board came with a Semperon 3300+ and I was wondering what the average temp sould be. It is running at 49c just surfing the web and listening to music, should I be concerned about the heat? If anyone could answer my questions that would be helpful, especially the s/pdif one. I was also wondering if there is any way to control the fan speeds.

49c is ok. I use a zalman fan mate 2 (about $6) to adjust fan rpms. You can run cpu fans at about 2500-3000, depending on room temp. That board should be on mbm 5.73 if you don't have any hardware monitor program from biostar.

If you are worried about the temp you can also try to undervolt your CPU in the BIOS.

I currently have an Athlon XP 2500+ in that same mobo. The default voltage is 1.65v, I'm running at stock speed on 1.4v. I would recommend only dropping the voltage at .25v at a time and test it with a program that stresses the CPU for stability like Prime95.