can't save file on cd-rom in ms works

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 18, 2005 12:19:02 PM

I have win 98 and when I try to save a file to cd-rom in ms works, it tells
me I can't, that I need administrator rights. I thought there was not
administrators in win 98. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

More about : save file rom works

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 12:27:01 PM

In Windows 98, you can't send a file directly to a CD burner without
having a certain type of program installed. What CD burning software do
you have installed?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"barkers" <barkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have win 98 and when I try to save a file to cd-rom in ms works, it
tells
> me I can't, that I need administrator rights. I thought there was not
> administrators in win 98. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:58:01 AM

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> In Windows 98, you can't send a file directly to a CD burner without
> having a certain type of program installed. What CD burning software do
> you have installed?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "barkers" <barkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have win 98 and when I try to save a file to cd-rom in ms works, it
> tells
> > me I can't, that I need administrator rights. I thought there was not
> > administrators in win 98. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

May 24, 2005 10:00:52 AM

I have the same problem. I have both Nero & Roxio Easy CD Creator.

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> In Windows 98, you can't send a file directly to a CD burner without
> having a certain type of program installed. What CD burning software do
> you have installed?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "barkers" <barkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have win 98 and when I try to save a file to cd-rom in ms works, it
> tells
> > me I can't, that I need administrator rights. I thought there was not
> > administrators in win 98. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:19:10 PM

"cynthia" <cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have the same problem. I have both Nero & Roxio Easy CD Creator.

MS Works cannot write to a CD because it has
no CD control software. The solution thus is:

1. In MS Works, write to the hard drive.

2. Use Nero or Roxio to copy or move the saved
file to a CD. (To add other files cumulatively later,
be sure to check the box enabling this.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Thanks for the response. When I try to save anything from any program to a
cd, I get the response that I am not the owner of the file, see the owner or
system administrator. I am not networked & files are not password protected.

"Don Phillipson" wrote:

> > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
> >
> > > In Windows 98, you can't send a file directly to a CD burner without
> > > having a certain type of program installed. What CD burning software do
> > > you have installed?
>
> "cynthia" <cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have the same problem. I have both Nero & Roxio Easy CD Creator.
>
> MS Works cannot write to a CD because it has
> no CD control software. The solution thus is:
>
> 1. In MS Works, write to the hard drive.
>
> 2. Use Nero or Roxio to copy or move the saved
> file to a CD. (To add other files cumulatively later,
> be sure to check the box enabling this.)
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:32:46 PM

When "Administrator" is mentioned & you don't know why...

(a) Better update definitions, & run a virus check.
(b) "START, Run, PolEdit".

Likely, it won't be there, or you'd have known to do that. So...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=147381
How to Use System Policies On a Standalone Computer

(c) The MSKB...
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN...
Search "System Administrator"; Windows 98; Full Text; Exact Phrase; does
come up with many, including...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326686&Product=w98
"Windows Update was disabled by your system administrator" error message
(326686) - You may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
Windows Update is not on the Start menu. Note On a Windows XP-based
computer or a Windows Server 2003-based computer, Windows Update will
not appear on the Start menu unless you are using the...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179644&Product=w98
Policy That Disables MS-DOS Prompt Disables All MS-DOS Programs
(179644) - When you double-click an MS-DOS-based program, you may
receive the following error message: This program cannot be run due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator. This same behavior may occur if you type...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192393&Product=w98
The Windows 98 Desktop Icons Are Missing
(192393) - When you start your Windows 98-based computer, your desktop
icons may be missing, and a menu may be missing if you right-click the
desktop. Also, if you click Show Desktop, you may receive the following
error message: This operation has been cancelled...

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,

!