Fatal exception 0D at 0000:0000FA0E

I have Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 6.0.
I keep getting the error reading (A fatal exception 0D has occurred at
0000:0000FA0E). If I log on the my internet server, Bluelight, and try
to log onto Explorer, I get the reading.
However, if I open Internet Explorer before logging on to Bluelight, I
can change then open up the previously opened IE window and log on
into the internet. But once in, If I try to open up another IE window,
I get the error reading. It also occurs when I’m on line and try to
open another window.
Can someone help?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Fatal-exception-0D-0000-0000FA0E-ftopict346124.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1086008

Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Update for KB891711 (not sure
of the precise label.) Restart. This patch was put up on Windows Updates
last week and has been discovered to cause many users just the kind of
problem you're having now.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User