IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000 - which one should I get!?

I'm scratching my head over this one: IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000 -
which one should I get!?

The descriptions and capabilites seem to be the same...?
The ONLY difference seems to be that each successive model has a
description that says the print quality is slight better than the
previous one.

As far as I'm concerned, the IP3000 would do me fine.
But... then others have recommended the IP4000.

Which one should I get...?
(The main reason for getting the printer is to print CD's.)

Thanks.

OM
6 answers Last reply
More about ip3000 ip4000 ip5000 ip6000

    The Canon Pixma IP4000 is the best of the Canon line except for the
    expensive IP8500 and the flagship non Pixma i9900. When the IP6000D and
    the IP5000 were released I did not feel as good about my purchase of the
    IP4000 even though I could not see any difference in the results between
    all of them. Of course I did not get to test all of them with the same
    data source.

    After reading tests at PCWorld and then the same opinions generated by
    PC Magazine, I am glad I purchased the IP4000 and would do it again.

    Here are the links to the tests I read:

    IP6000D

    IP5000

    IP4000 the best value

    The IP3000 does NOT have the contrast enhancing dye black (the 5th
    cartridge) and does not produce as good results for photographs.

    i9900 - the Pixma IP8500 has the same print engine in a Pixma form factor.

    I still have my HP990 business inkjet. And it does produce the best
    draft (comparable to the standard text on the IP4000) and faster.
    However, the IP4000 draft is faster but more of a draft quality and the
    photo quality is superior. It also has twin paper feeds. Both are full
    duplex printers.

    OM wrote:
    > I'm scratching my head over this one: IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000 -
    > which one should I get!?
    >
    > The descriptions and capabilites seem to be the same...?
    > The ONLY difference seems to be that each successive model has a
    > description that says the print quality is slight better than the
    > previous one.
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned, the IP3000 would do me fine.
    > But... then others have recommended the IP4000.
    >
    > Which one should I get...?
    > (The main reason for getting the printer is to print CD's.)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

    I must agree with measekite. Get ip4000. Best value for money. I also said i
    won't print photos, but when you see how great photos it make, you can't
    resist... Also noone really know what will happen with 5000 and it's 1 pl
    head...possible clogs etc..

    "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm scratching my head over this one: IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000 -
    > which one should I get!?
    >
    > The descriptions and capabilites seem to be the same...?
    > The ONLY difference seems to be that each successive model has a
    > description that says the print quality is slight better than the
    > previous one.
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned, the IP3000 would do me fine.
    > But... then others have recommended the IP4000.
    >
    > Which one should I get...?
    > (The main reason for getting the printer is to print CD's.)
    >
    > Thanks.

    If very high quality photo printing isn't important to you get the IP3000. I
    have the 4000, but I wouldn't think that the difference would be noticeable
    for CD printing

    The difference between the two is $40.00. That included an extra ink
    cart that is worth $12.00 so the net difference is $28.00. The
    difference in results and ink savings (you do not have to use colors to
    mix black) is well worth it.

    Caitlin wrote:

    >"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>I'm scratching my head over this one: IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000 -
    >>which one should I get!?
    >>
    >>The descriptions and capabilites seem to be the same...?
    >>The ONLY difference seems to be that each successive model has a
    >>description that says the print quality is slight better than the
    >>previous one.
    >>
    >>As far as I'm concerned, the IP3000 would do me fine.
    >>But... then others have recommended the IP4000.
    >>
    >>Which one should I get...?
    >>(The main reason for getting the printer is to print CD's.)
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>

    >If very high quality photo printing isn't important to you get the IP3000. I
    >have the 4000, but I wouldn't think that the difference would be noticeable
    >for CD printing

    Thanks for all the replies.
    I think I will invest a few more 3's and go for the 4000. : )

    Best choice.

    OM wrote:

    >Thanks for all the replies.
    >I think I will invest a few more 3's and go for the 4000. : )

Printers CD-Rom Peripherals