Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I click on Start/Programs, the list of programs is
so big it goes off the screen. I have tried going to the
Start menu folder and placing programs in subfolders but
these do not show up, i.e. no change occurs when I click
on Start. Neither can I scroll along to see off-screen
programs. HELP!
Bob

Hi,

Are you placing your sub-folders here?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Or under your personal user folder?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bob" <bob_leslie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I click on Start/Programs, the list of programs is
> so big it goes off the screen. I have tried going to the
> Start menu folder and placing programs in subfolders but
> these do not show up, i.e. no change occurs when I click
> on Start. Neither can I scroll along to see off-screen
> programs. HELP!
> Bob

If your program column is too tall, you can make multiple columns,
Right click the task bar and Properties,
Click Start menu tab,
Select Start menu and click Customize button,
Click Advanced,
Scroll down and uncheck - Scroll Programs,
OK, Apply, OK.
You may have to Reboot to take effect.

--
JerryM (ID)

MURPHY'S COMPUTER LAW
A man who can smile when things go wrong,
has thought of someone he can blame it on.