Throwing a Mouse

dallas

"boB"
> I thought Dally would appreciate this. I can see attaching it to your
> head (on a hat or some-such) and using the enter key for the mouse click.

Na... I'm far more interested in your upcoming purchase and review of your
new Head Mounted Display.

:)

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> "boB"
>
>>I thought Dally would appreciate this. I can see attaching it to your
>>head (on a hat or some-such) and using the enter key for the mouse click.
>

> Na... I'm far more interested in your upcoming purchase and review of your
> new Head Mounted Display.
>
> :)
>
> Dallas

So am I. You should read what the Gamers expect it to do. This guy
wants to stand up with the wires tethered above his head so he can turn
and walk down the halls in Doom or somethin'. I'll just be happy if it
lets me look to each side and down. I'm easy.... :)

Personally, I just plan to use a tether from above for the HMD cables
like dvdbunny1 described then hold my wireless Saitek P3000 gamepad in
my hands for movement/weapons, etc.

I don't think I would like my view moving independently from my head and
I don't mind aiming with my head either... I think of it like the
Predator with his shoulder mounted gun and targeting visor ;)

PS, You should read dvdbunny1's post. Ah heck, here it is. About
halfway through I was so confused I forgot what the heck I was reading.

The emagin HMD uses a single VGA cable that connects to the visor's
control box and the other end connects to the VGA port of your graphics
card, if you have DVD then you can use DVD to VGA adapter that comes
with most graphics cards.

btw these cables are thin and very long so i wouldn't be worried about
any tangling, you can spin probably 6 times (maybe more) to the left or
right until it starts to tangle, and that's more than enough for these
spiral staircases. As you only spin about 4 times on these staircases,
well that's like the biggest amount of spiral staircases that i have
seen in a game.

I was searching VR controllers, and it looks like i have found the
ultimate one but i hate the price $495 that's right that much for just a
controller. this emagin HMD is $900 and you have to pay that amount for
just a controller, it's crazy what they charge. Anyway i found this gun
that you hold in either your left or right hand. I will try to explain,
let's say your playing Far Cry on the emagin HMD. Now of course turning
your head and body moves the aim of your gun in the game as explained in
my previous post. Well i said this would be difficult for gaming, so
this gun controller allows you to stop movement of your headtracking
from the HMD and you can move this gun to now aim and because you are
holding it an it has a trigger it makes for incredible accuracy for
shooting enemies just like in real life and the 2 added bonuses 1 is
this controller is wireless just doesn't feature force feedback for that
price which is a real shame. But the 2nd bonus is that this simulates
actual real life because in real life you do not move your head to aim a
gun your head doesn't move to fire, lets say a pistol so when you move
that gun your view will change inside the HMD, now after lets say you
want to go back to moving around 360 degrees with the headtracker well
then there is a button on the gun to diasble the headtracking in
realtime and then when antoher point comes in the game you can switch
the gun tracking back on and continue shooting. So this is the coolest
setup, now of course you still need another controller for your left
hand and i found the best one again which i think is wireless and costs
50 dollars and that will control all the movement and other control
layouts you can map to the controller.

Well that's cool so check out links here and i have emailed the company
asking about these devices for more information on them, they will
probably get back to me in a few days.

check the links out here

VR Gun

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_product.asp?Product=1225

other controllers

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_product.asp?Product=1209

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_product.asp?Product=1179

movement controller

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_product.asp?Product=1107

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this
message By dvdbunny1 on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 08:39 pm:
oops i gave wrong information on cable connection, i mean if you have
DVI port on your graphics card then you need DVI to VGA adapter

-

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:
> and I don't mind aiming with my head either... I think of it like the
> Predator with his shoulder mounted gun and targeting visor ;)

Simple, just run down to your local army/navy surplus store, buy an old
Cobra, and strip out the fire control for the M197.........
d:->))

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:

> boB wrote:
>
>>and I don't mind aiming with my head either... I think of it like the
>>Predator with his shoulder mounted gun and targeting visor ;)
>>====================================================================
>

> Simple, just run down to your local army/navy surplus store, buy an old
> Cobra, and strip out the fire control for the M197.........
> d:->))

Uhh That wasn't me that said that. :) It was one of the gamers. I
have some more to quote shortly.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Here are some comments about the Z800 HMD. Take it for what it's worth.
Who knows if it's a real gamer or a marketing person trolling for sales.

QUOTE
http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1601028323&tid=ema&sid=1601028323&mid=80704&thr=80691&cur=80691&dir=d

Re: Any more feedback on your Z800s?
by: nano_tech_2020 07/18/05 12:13 am
Msg: 80704 of 80836

MM11,

<<Has anyone tried a MMORG with the Z800 yet?>>

Not yet. Currently starting America's Army and MS Flight Simulator 2004.
FS2004 the stereo effect appears out of sync while in the initial
tutorial learning mode(all text) with totally different screens on
different eyes but once you are in the cockpit of the plane and flying
it's all stereo 3d. The instrument panel is readable and mountain
terrain looks cool in 3d... need more flying time. BTW one of the
control guages is called VOR,lol, get a smile out of seeing that.

<<pinch their nose? LOL>>
Only when I saw the VOR guage in FS2004..had to pinch the nose and give
a virtual one finger salute to sobda or gam whatever his name was.

<<Anyone watch Porn?>>
You know someone out there had to be the first, but no one will admit to it.

<<Anyone watch a DVD?>>

Yep, colors very sharp and brillant and audio decent. There's also an
option I found in the the Display Utility that disables the headtracker
so you don't see the mouse moving all over the screen when watching a DVD.

<<I bought and returned a V920>>

I can't see anyone wanting a fov that's 35% less than the Z800. In fact
I now realize why these gamers want more and more. Would love to see
them hook up a tiled set of displays into a helmet supported HMD.
Something with an increased amount of peripheral virtual viewing besides
vertical.

END QUOTE

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Oh, I misunderstood the topic - I thought it was going to be about throwing
mice, or dwarves, or whatever....

My mistake.

JW
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> boB wrote:
>> and I don't mind aiming with my head either... I think of it like the
>> Predator with his shoulder mounted gun and targeting visor ;)
>

> Simple, just run down to your local army/navy surplus store, buy an old
> Cobra, and strip out the fire control for the M197.........
> d:->))

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John ward wrote:

> Oh, I misunderstood the topic - I thought it was going to be about throwing
> mice, or dwarves, or whatever....
>
> My mistake.
>
> JW

No mistake, I'm confused..... sorry :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

So do you actually won a z800 HMD ??? or have you triedd one at thee
expo ?

Still can't find anyone who has actually been sent one yet ....

So do you actually own a z800 HMD or have you tried one at thee expo ?

Still can't find anyone who has actually been sent one yet ....

ok I sent the last message fairly hastily .. What I meant to say was,
has anyone actually been sent a z800 HMD yet ?? I've been searching
the net but no luck and the company said they be out by June-July and
well sure is getting close to Aug. now ..... just want some feedback
before I go committing to one o these things at $900

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

banks.mick@gmail.com wrote:

> ok I sent the last message fairly hastily .. What I meant to say was,
> has anyone actually been sent a z800 HMD yet ?? I've been searching
> the net but no luck and the company said they be out by June-July and
> well sure is getting close to Aug. now ..... just want some feedback
> before I go committing to one o these things at $900

Look at this review. Doesn't sound good for FS2004 but it's nothing a
TrackIR 3 Pro won't fix.

http://raeldor.blogspot.com/

More discussion at:

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=l&board=1601028323&tid=ema&sid=1601028323&mid=81334

I ordered mine on the 9th of July. Probably won't get it until August.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)