Invalid Page Fault

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 21, 2005 9:35:03 AM

I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however upon
starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
"MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was advised
by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with any
sound knowledge, or advise

P D C

More about : invalid page fault

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:21:09 AM

It STILL sounds to me like a MOTIVEDIRECTORY/Broadband Medic problem. I
am offline. You might try to Google those two, especially
MOTIVEDIRECTORY, as there may be a separate way to update/reinstall just
that one...
http://www.google.com/
....Click the Groups button there.

OTHERWISE...

(1) You may be in for a long haul...
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN... MSKB
Search "Kernel32"; Windows 98; Title Only; Exact Phrase; produces over a
page full.

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/errkrn32.htm
Many are here too.

http://aumha.org/a/k32fix.htm
Eshelman's page about Kernel32 errors.

Invalid Page Faults:
http://aumha.org/kbeipf.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/support/windows/topics/err...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q286/1...

(2) Here is what mine looks like in Win98SE...

KERNEL32.DLL
Desc: Win32 Kernel core component
Loc: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Size: 471,040 bytes
Mod: Friday, April 23, 1999 10:22:00 PM
Ver: 4.10.2222

If it comes to reinstalling it, that is old enough never to have been
Windows Updated. Therefore it will be fine right out of the .cabs.

Here is how to do it in DOS...

(a) DIR /s /a C:\KERNEL32.DLL
Will say whether you have it, & where it is. Should be in
"C:\Windows\System"

C:\>DIR /s /a C:\KERNEL32.DLL
Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
KERNEL32 DLL 471,040 04-23-99 10:22p KERNEL32.DLL
1 file(s) 471,040 bytes

(b)
"EXTRACT /a /L C:\Windows\System <LOC>\Base4.cab Kernel32.dll"

That is all one line between the quotes with 5 spaces, but do not enter
the quotes. It will offer to overwite, if one is already there.

<LOC> is the location of "Base4.cab". This may be discovered as
follows...

C:\>DIR /s /a C:\base4.cab
Directory of C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS
BASE4 CAB 168,960 04-23-99 10:22p BASE4.CAB
1 file(s) 168,960 bytes

If you have the .cabs on a CD, you will use your CD-ROM drive letter,
instead of "C:\" in that DIR command.

So, in my case, the command is...

"EXTRACT /a /L C:\Windows\System C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\Base4.cab
Kernel32.dll"

All one line: no quotes: there are 5 spaces in the line, including one
after "Base4.cab".

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld,
however upon
| starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message
saying :
| "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
| module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is
part
| of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was
advised
| by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year,
for
| which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid
page
| fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone
with any
| sound knowledge, or advise
|
| P D C

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:35:01 AM

Well, it's a problem with their Broadband Medic program, and you don't really need
it, so why not simply uninstall it?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however upon
> starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
> "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
> module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
> of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was advised
> by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
> which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
> fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with any
> sound knowledge, or advise
>
> P D C

Related resources
March 22, 2005 5:18:35 AM

Great point, Glen. Get rid of as much trash as you can on your os and that
is why 98SE is so much sweeter than XP PRO. in my opinion.

news:o wr7NDqLFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
: Well, it's a problem with their Broadband Medic program, and you don't
really need
: it, so why not simply uninstall it?
: --
:
[...]
: >
: > P D C
: >
:
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 12:01:47 PM

INVALID PAGE FAULTS
Last updated October 30, 2003
http://aumha.org/win4/kbeipf.htm

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however
upon
> starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
> "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
> module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
> of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was
advised
> by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
> which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
> fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with
any
> sound knowledge, or advise
>
> P D C

March 22, 2005 12:01:48 PM

Thanks Jack. :>

: INVALID PAGE FAULTS
: Last updated October 30, 2003
: http://aumha.org/win4/kbeipf.htm
:
: --
: Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
: Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
:
: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
: In Memorium: Alex Nichol