Invalid Page Fault

I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however upon
starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
"MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was advised
by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with any
sound knowledge, or advise

P D C
5 answers Last reply
More about invalid page fault

    It STILL sounds to me like a MOTIVEDIRECTORY/Broadband Medic problem. I
    am offline. You might try to Google those two, especially
    MOTIVEDIRECTORY, as there may be a separate way to update/reinstall just
    that one...
    http://www.google.com/
    ....Click the Groups button there.

    OTHERWISE...

    (1) You may be in for a long haul...
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "Kernel32"; Windows 98; Title Only; Exact Phrase; produces over a
    page full.

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/errkrn32.htm
    Many are here too.

    http://aumha.org/a/k32fix.htm
    Eshelman's page about Kernel32 errors.

    Invalid Page Faults:
    http://aumha.org/kbeipf.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/windows/topics/errormsg/kbipf.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q286/1/80.ASP

    (2) Here is what mine looks like in Win98SE...

    KERNEL32.DLL
    Desc: Win32 Kernel core component
    Loc: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
    Size: 471,040 bytes
    Mod: Friday, April 23, 1999 10:22:00 PM
    Ver: 4.10.2222

    If it comes to reinstalling it, that is old enough never to have been
    Windows Updated. Therefore it will be fine right out of the .cabs.

    Here is how to do it in DOS...

    (a) DIR /s /a C:\KERNEL32.DLL
    Will say whether you have it, & where it is. Should be in
    "C:\Windows\System"

    C:\>DIR /s /a C:\KERNEL32.DLL
    Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
    KERNEL32 DLL 471,040 04-23-99 10:22p KERNEL32.DLL
    1 file(s) 471,040 bytes

    (b)
    "EXTRACT /a /L C:\Windows\System <LOC>\Base4.cab Kernel32.dll"

    That is all one line between the quotes with 5 spaces, but do not enter
    the quotes. It will offer to overwite, if one is already there.

    <LOC> is the location of "Base4.cab". This may be discovered as
    follows...

    C:\>DIR /s /a C:\base4.cab
    Directory of C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS
    BASE4 CAB 168,960 04-23-99 10:22p BASE4.CAB
    1 file(s) 168,960 bytes

    If you have the .cabs on a CD, you will use your CD-ROM drive letter,
    instead of "C:\" in that DIR command.

    So, in my case, the command is...

    "EXTRACT /a /L C:\Windows\System C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\Base4.cab
    Kernel32.dll"

    All one line: no quotes: there are 5 spaces in the line, including one
    after "Base4.cab".

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld,
    however upon
    | starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message
    saying :
    | "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
    | module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is
    part
    | of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was
    advised
    | by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year,
    for
    | which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid
    page
    | fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone
    with any
    | sound knowledge, or advise
    |
    | P D C

    Well, it's a problem with their Broadband Medic program, and you don't really need
    it, so why not simply uninstall it?
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however upon
    > starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
    > "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
    > module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
    > of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was advised
    > by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
    > which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
    > fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with any
    > sound knowledge, or advise
    >
    > P D C

    Great point, Glen. Get rid of as much trash as you can on your os and that
    is why 98SE is so much sweeter than XP PRO. in my opinion.

    : Well, it's a problem with their Broadband Medic program, and you don't
    really need
    : it, so why not simply uninstall it?
    : --
    :
[...]
    : >
    : > P D C
    : >
    :

    INVALID PAGE FAULTS
    Last updated October 30, 2003
    http://aumha.org/win4/kbeipf.htm

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "P D C" <P D C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have Broadband Medics installed from my ISP provider NTLworld, however
    upon
    > starting my computer, I occassionaly get a invaliid fault message saying :
    > "MOTIVEDIRECTORY caused an invalid page fault in
    > module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8abff." however this motivdirectory is part
    > of the Broadband Medic program, this first started last year, and was
    advised
    > by NTLworld to uninstall this program, and reinstall in the new year, for
    > which I have reinstalled this Month (March) I still have the invalid page
    > fault. Anyone else out there had this problem, or is there anyone with
    any
    > sound knowledge, or advise
    >
    > P D C

    Thanks Jack. :>

    : INVALID PAGE FAULTS
    : Last updated October 30, 2003
    : http://aumha.org/win4/kbeipf.htm
    :
    : --
    : Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    : Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    :
    : http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    : In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    : Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    : ------
[...]

Broadband Internet Service Providers Windows