Win 98 Ver 2

I'm trying to install wireless card on older laptop running Win 98. Card
won't work without Win 98 V.2. The laptop does not have a cat input line and
I no longer have dial-up connection. So I was trying to download Win 98
update onto desktop to burn on CD but everytime I try, the help wizard
recognizes XP operating system.
Help!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Which Win98 Update? From where? What are you downloading with? I *think*
    what you want is Windows Updates Catalog. Look at the URL address of the
    page you end up on when using Windows updates. The first two letters are
    it's version number.

    If the version is v4, you want to click on "Personalize Windows
    Updates," then enable "Display...link to the Windows Updates
    Catalog...". Save Settings, then back on main page, choose "Windows
    Updates Catalog." Follow instructions to download a portable copy of the
    Update you want.

    If the version is v5, click on "Administrator Options," at left, then
    choose the link in the first paragraph to get to "Windows Updates
    Catalog."

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install wireless card on older laptop running Win 98.
    Card
    > won't work without Win 98 V.2. The laptop does not have a cat input
    line and
    > I no longer have dial-up connection. So I was trying to download Win
    98
    > update onto desktop to burn on CD but everytime I try, the help wizard
    > recognizes XP operating system.
    > Help!!!

Laptops Windows