SP2 problem with sprb0401.dll

lyle

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

The SP2 install was half finished when it caused an error indicating it
could not copy the file sprb0401.dll. It said to search the SP2 disk to find
it but it never found it. Anyone have any idea was is going on or where I
could find this file. I am upgrading using the disk mailed from Microsoft.

Thanks
Lyle

Spyware interferes with Microsoft patch
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/09/06/windowsupdate.ap/index.html

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Lyle" wrote:

| The SP2 install was half finished when it caused an error indicating it
| could not copy the file sprb0401.dll. It said to search the SP2 disk to find
| it but it never found it. Anyone have any idea was is going on or where I
| could find this file. I am upgrading using the disk mailed from Microsoft.
|
| Thanks
| Lyle

lyle

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Carey
Thanks for the input. Before I tried to upgrade I ran Fprot and adware to
make sure I had a clean machine. I just reran them and everything still
appear clear. Do you know where I could find a copy of this file??

Lyle