Windows Scripting Host

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Windows Scripting Host which helps automate tasks in Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition is located in Add/Remove Programs under the Windows Setup tab.
I do not have this installed since I do not need any help in having automatic
scripts written. I am concerned since I view this automation as a security
vulnerability because of my research and warnings from other individuals.
What does everyone think?

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in

> Windows Scripting Host which helps automate tasks in Microsoft Windows
> 98 Second Edition is located in Add/Remove Programs under the Windows
> Setup tab. I do not have this installed since I do not need any help in
> having automatic scripts written. I am concerned since I view this
> automation as a security vulnerability because of my research and
> warnings from other individuals. What does everyone think?

Like a kitchen knife it can be useful or deadly depending on the intent.
Don't run scripts you don't trust. If you aren't comfortable with it there
than remove it. I have it on my machine and actually use it on occaision.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Fuzzy Logic. I have it unchecked due to my need to keep 98SE somewhat
secure. Have a nice day!

: