iterations

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
The Rep is not saying it is slow, he is saying that the FX-60 is slower, which it is.

I'm not sure what you are confused about. The FX-60 is slower on this benchmark than the Conroe. You have no point of reference on this demo to say that the FX-60 is performing slower than other test rigs. Do you have a test rig with this exact demo? No you don't and neither does anyone else.

However, the folks over at bit-tech.net were able to run their own FEAR time demo for a point of reference:

Actually comparable FEAR benchmark for Conroe and FX-60

So they were able to get their tweaked in house FX-60 to run slightly faster (253 vx 247fps), however Conroe still completely demolishes either one (346fps), so you are really nit picking at this point.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Well are you guys impressed?

It's impressive no doubt -- more and more benches from OC Yohna and rouge Conroe ES are floating around in the past few days... it makes the trend in the data very positive toward Intel. I myself am happy to see a huge performance leap as the last technology node transistion did not do much for either company (130 nm to 90 nm) rather than allow slow over time performance improvements.

In other words, I want the final definitive Conroe benches :) ... Darn NDA's.

Jack Thank you :D also he oced the chip a whopping 60% now that is damn good!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
We knew Dvdpiddy was a performance slut/whore or whoever that gives the quarterback free blows.

YO_KID37: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

read and learn what the Intel side is doing to you!!
Yoda: Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
yeah, these last 2-4 months have been building pressure on the Enthuasist community, bechmark after benchmark, claim after claim and 9-inch after Theinquirer its getting bigger ans faster and its just snowballing. I can't wait for the next 3-6 Months when AM2 comes out next month and Intel keeps shyytting on the public with their latest new on Conroe and how its basically a Overclocked Fx-60 with 65nm process and a 4 megabye Block for a L2

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
yeah, these last 2-4 months have been building pressure on the Enthuasist community, bechmark after benchmark, claim after claim and 9-inch after Theinquirer its getting bigger ans faster and its just snowballing. I can't wait for the next 3-6 Months when AM2 comes out next month and Intel keeps shyytting on the public with their latest new on Conroe and how its basically a Overclocked Fx-60 with 65nm process and a 4 megabye Block for a L2

Did you eat alot of lead paint chips when you were a kid er, maybe still eat alot of paint chips?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

Did you eat alot of lead paint chips when you were a kid er, maybe still eat alot of paint chips? People who eat paintchips they're funny :lol:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yep, it's about time that they show up with something that could wow the crowd. That's one wicked overclocking! I can't wait when this new chips hit the shelves and see some real results at real applications, gaming especially. Paired with a nice board and some fast memory this new chips will start breaking records as it already has. Come to think of it, the short operating cycle that this new architecture are doing reminds me of the AMD chips but they have taken it farther. I'm planning to get another year with my current rig but with this new chips coming out and breaking grounds, Im gonna have to build a new one by next year. :D

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
It seems he was choked by the chord at birth................
On second thought, they took him out of his birth jar too early, and screwed the lid on the jar with his neck in it putting him back inside.
No womb for him.

Mike995

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Yo kid are you mentally retarded ? I have to wonder... plz read up on the architecture of the conroe before you make ridiculous statements like that which are soo sadly untrue. You are a discrase to canadians, I feel unpatriotic after your statements. Otherwise Im extremly impressed,well I saw this coming and really was hoping there would be a time again when Intel trounced AMD, that time has come start saving because all gamers will be using Intel conroe systems.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Yo kid are you mentally retarded ? I have to wonder... plz read up on the architecture of the conroe before you make ridiculous statements like that which are soo sadly untrue. You are a discrase to canadians, I feel unpatriotic after your statements. Otherwise Im extremly impressed,well I saw this coming and really was hoping there would be a time again when Intel trounced AMD, that time has come start saving because all gamers will be using Intel conroe systems.

:p :?: :?: Le Dudu de cucu Le fufu. De me noonoo :?: :!: :arrow: :idea:
:lol:

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
"Local forum member Gamer casually posted his first overclocking results with an Intel Duo Core T2600 clocked default at 2.16Ghz. Using a modified subzero cooling"
I'm getting this kind of OC with an old Opteron 144 on AIR. I'm not very impressed with the OC but 17s is fast though.

Mike995

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
He didnt say that the fx 60 was slow, he said it lost some performance due to heat, which I dont think that was the problem. But I do find it funney the Intel rep being suprised by the performance of the FX 60 being lower then he expected. They also changed the amd motherboard to the RD 580 chipset because of the complaining of the enthusiast community. The intel rep being suprised about the fx 60's performance is something saying that this is not rigged and the conroe is just a monster. The yonah doesnt need subzero cooling, it runs extremly cool. It can easily do 1ghz overclock on air.

madshrimp

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I'm getting this kind of OC with an old Opteron 144 on AIR. I'm not very impressed with the OC but 17s is fast though.

You can overclock your Opteron to 3.4Ghz on AIR ? Can you show me:)

about the modified subzero cooling, it's recharged Mach II which has been modified to give better performance at larger heat loads. However the difference between MAX air and MAX under subzero are not that big because the chips seems to be FSB limited, over a certain FSB the CPU just crashes, no matter cool it is running.

On air cooling the T2600 reaches 3.2Ghz easily : http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/showthread.php?postid=124519#post124519

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
It's at 3.01 GHz on air using a Thermaltake CL-P006 and a 90mm Opteron. I've had it over 3.1. In another week or so, I will be trying to stabilize it at 3.1. Anyone can OC the frigg out of almost anything with that kind of insane cooling.
These speeds aren't uncommon for the Opterons. I can post pics and you're more than welcome to come see for yourself.