Cannot burn files to CD

C00D11AB: Cannot burn files to CD
Windows Media Player cannot burn (copy) the selected
files to the CD. To fix the problem, do one or more of
the following:

Clean the disc and verify that it is not damaged.
Select a slower recording (write) speed for the CD burner
(recorder).
Try a different brand of blank discs.
Quit other programs.
To select a slower recording speed
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the
Devices tab.
In Devices, double-click the name of the CD burner
(recorder), and then click the Recording tab.
In the write-speed list, select a slower speed.
Error ID = 0xC00D11AB, Condition ID = 0x00000000

I've tried all the options above.

Problems occurs when I try to burn files to CD / DVD
using explorer..

I've tried uninstalling the Nec 2500a. and re-installing
I've upgraded to version 1.07 of the firmware.

I've upgraded to WMP Ver 10.

Recently I installed XP Service Pack 2.. has anyone else
had a problem following install of SP2

Help??

system info:-

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OFFICE
System Manufacturer Tiny Computers
System Model MS-6741
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD
~2400 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. Version
07.00T, 02/04/2001
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name OFFICE\Gary
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB