Audigy Crackling Issue

Peck

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
Sorry if a response has already been posted to my problem but, in all my searches I could not find anything that helped. I recently purchased a K8T890-A with a 3500+. When I transferred my sound card over I noticed it makes crackling noises whenever played through winamp and when played in WMP it sounds crackly and like you are in a tunnel. I have tried updating drivers, changing pci slots, formatting and completely updating and yes the onboard sound is disabled and bios has been flashed. I was so desperate I even put my old NFORCE 2 MOBO back in to see what happened and the sound was fine. I did find this guys website who said it is a issue with VIA chipsets http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/ . However, I have SP2 already patched into my install CD so he says they wont work (they don't). I am really at a loss and would love any help anyone can provide, below are my complete system specs.

Windows XP PRO OS
K8T890-A MOBO
3500+ CPU
350 W Power Supply Power
SB Audigy Sound
SATA WD 1000 RPM Raptor HD
(Raptor added after
upgrade but placed in
after sound problem)
Gforce 6800 GT VID
1.5g pc333 RAM
Primary IDE 7200 HD
Second IDE DVD RW/CD RW DRIVES

Fulgrymm

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I have this problem too actually. I thought my Audigy was slowly breaking down. I had to remove it and use the crappy AC 97 audio controller. My chipset is a VIA K8T800. What about the patch that disables "turbo mode"? It doesn't say anything about incompatability with SP2.

Peck

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
Tried that one as well with no success. It says to try the other first though so I am assuming it doesn't work with SP2 either. I have been trying to fix it for a couple days and am going nuts.

Arrmed

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
Make sure all Creative Proccesses are running. I accidently disabled a few when I was optimizing my Services, and the audio became crackly, and a hi pitched hum was constant.- That is with the Audigy 2 ZS notebook version