continually changing my hardware firewall settings? TIA

From: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec>

| I changed my router settings again today and in a few hours people are able
| to bypass them and start hitting my ZA PRO. firewall. What can I do short of
| continually changing my hardware firewall settings? TIA

Why did you change the Router's settings ?

What did you change ?

Why didn't you leave it alone ?

Why are you asking in a Win98 News Group when the Linksys Router has NOTHING to do with
Win98 ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I changed them because ZA PRO. was telling me people were bypassing the
hardware router. Dave, can I e-mail you about this? Thanks in advance, Dan
W.

: From: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec>
:
: | I changed my router settings again today and in a few hours people are
able
: | to bypass them and start hitting my ZA PRO. firewall. What can I do
short of
: | continually changing my hardware firewall settings? TIA
: |
:
: Why did you change the Router's settings ?
:
: What did you change ?
:
: Why didn't you leave it alone ?
:
: Why are you asking in a Win98 News Group when the Linksys Router has
NOTHING to do with
: Win98 ?
:
: --
: Dave
: http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
: http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
:
:

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dave my e-mail address is dewmuggle1975@hot---mail.com Just remove the
muggle and 3 dashes to send me an e-mail. I will try to send you an e-mail
as well. TIA, and have a great day. BTW, I use Verizon Wireless and have an
LG 4400. It is a great phone.

: From: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec>
:
[...]

RATTY

> I changed my router settings again today and in a few hours people are
able
> to bypass them and start hitting my ZA PRO. firewall. What can I do short
of
> continually changing my hardware firewall settings? TIA

Depends.
How important is internet usage to you?
I think a lot of people should do a break-down on their business
and play hours; most will find one dominates the other.
So, in lieu of my question, you could dramatically decrease your
internet usage or you could use a fire-wall that comes up to your
personal expectations.
If you are looking for total immunity from attacks, then your next
step would be some major $$$ and a delve into what is used
by the military.
If you are a home user, you will probably find that the companies
who supply fire-walls and anti-virus programs and the very same
who have programs written to infiltrate them in the hope that you
will purchase some more of their updated products

I suppose you could also try using xp instead of win98, but I
honestly dont think you will find much difference in the world of
virus and parasite attack... but give it a go anyway if you
feel like trying xp or other microsoft products.
Also, you could try the road of Unix and Linux, depending on
your computer ability.

ratty

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks ratty but I have found XP PRO. to be less secure than 98SE. I have
both. Your other comments are well received. Have a great day!

"ratty" <rats@inthewarrooms.com> wrote in message
:
[...]
: >
: >