Julie

I cannot log onto my computer because the password has
expired. How do I log on to windows XP now?

there no expiry with the password , you mean your windows
has expired ... Do you own a license copy of windows
xp ???

Passwords CAN and DO expire if that option is chosen by the administrator.
In fact, it is the default option...one has to choose an option "passwords
never expire" in order to prevent it.

From the Windows XP Help and Support Center:

Resetting passwords
In Windows XP, passwords have an expiration date. If you are scheduling
recurring tasks that you want to run indefinitely, you need to be aware of
the expiration date on your passwords. When your computer password expires
you will need to reset the password for your scheduled tasks.

Note

a.. To change or set a new password, open the task. On the Task tab, click
Set Password.

Educate yourself before you go giving bad information on the internet.

Bobby

> there no expiry with the password , you mean your windows
> has expired ... Do you own a license copy of windows
> xp ???

begin 666 note.gif
M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3T\# P(6%A0("`@``
M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H`0 0H$,AI#AD@Z)U*
AR1HB)(8'<N,7&EJG;JV P4GZ&@D2(";<>HF@,.B)```[
`
end

Hi Julie,

Boot to safe mode with command prompt by hitting F8 at boot:

Type "net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited" (without the quotes) and hit <enter>

Then restart normally. Next time don't ignore the warnings so long.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone