dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Holy crap look at this retail turions on newegg i didn't know that they existed!(i thought they were sold oem only)

Yes, they are sold as retails for people who wants to upgrade their laptops. Others use them in desktop mobos, but it's kinda tricky to select the right mobo the will correctly recognize the Turion 64. I heard that epox and asrock mobos can recognize it without any bios tweaking.

Holy crap look at this retail turions on newegg i didn't know that they existed!(i thought they were sold oem only)

Yes, they are sold as retails for people who wants to upgrade their laptops. Others use them in desktop mobos, but it's kinda tricky to select the right mobo the will correctly recognize the Turion 64. I heard that epox and asrock mobos can recognize it without any bios tweaking.

I've research this last year. What you say is true to a certain extent, but you didn't list any specific motherboards.

Here is a list of motherboards that either fully or partially suports Turions (unofficially).

DFI is the only manufacturer that has as list of mobo supporting Turions. However a tech support supervisor told me that DFI mobo do not support Turions and that information on the website will be removed. That was 10 months ago.

SPCR.com has tested a few mobos for Turion compatiblity.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

I've research this last year. What you say is true to a certain extent, but you didn't list any specific motherboards.

Here is a list of motherboards that either fully or partially suports Turions (unofficially).

DFI is the only manufacturer that has as list of mobo supporting Turions. However a tech support supervisor told me that DFI mobo do not support Turions and that information on the website will be removed. That was 10 months ago.

SPCR.com has tested a few mobos for Turion compatiblity. Sorry man but it was a rumor i heard at the comp shop but i'm glad to see that list thank you :D