Black Laser

I had a Minolta QMS 1250W PagePro. I liked the printer except they don't
last very long. I was able to get toner cartridge refills for much less than
Minolta charged for there's.

The next version of this printer is the 1350W and I inadvertently read a
message somewhere that this printer wouldn't allow toner cartridge refills
except from Minolta.

I was wondering if anyone knows what lasers still allow toner cartridge
refills from 3rd party vendors?

Thanks.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have this printer, although I haven't set it up yet. Where did you
read that the printer cannot use refilled cartridges or 3rd party product?

I did read something on the Konica-Minolta website that if you did use
non-KM cartridges the printer would take double time to print, for some
reason.

Art

Tony Olson wrote:

> I had a Minolta QMS 1250W PagePro. I liked the printer except they don't
> last very long. I was able to get toner cartridge refills for much less than
> Minolta charged for there's.
>
> The next version of this printer is the 1350W and I inadvertently read a
> message somewhere that this printer wouldn't allow toner cartridge refills
> except from Minolta.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows what lasers still allow toner cartridge
> refills from 3rd party vendors?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tony

I was in Froogle pricing them (1350) and it seems I was in a vendor website
reading the Customer Reviews and one of the customers mentioned it in their
review. I can't be sure though, but I'm certain it wasn't in a NG. That's
why I mentioned it here to find out if it were true or not. Sorry!! I liked
the 1250W, but the first one I had stopped being able to feed paper just shy
of the 1 year warranty. KM paid for all return shipping and sent me out a
replacement. I printed for whole year after that without having to replace
the toner cartridge. The toner cartridge was probably worth the price of the
printer. Recently my second printer had the same problem, so that's takes
care of that printer. I'm not going to buy another with that track record.
It may make it a little longer than the warranty :) .

Tony

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> Hi Tony,
>
> I have this printer, although I haven't set it up yet. Where did you read
> that the printer cannot use refilled cartridges or 3rd party product?
>
> I did read something on the Konica-Minolta website that if you did use
> non-KM cartridges the printer would take double time to print, for some
> reason.
>
> Art
>

> Tony Olson wrote:
>
>> I had a Minolta QMS 1250W PagePro. I liked the printer except they don't
>> last very long. I was able to get toner cartridge refills for much less
>> than Minolta charged for there's.
>>
>> The next version of this printer is the 1350W and I inadvertently read a
>> message somewhere that this printer wouldn't allow toner cartridge
>> refills except from Minolta.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knows what lasers still allow toner cartridge
>> refills from 3rd party vendors?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the rundown. I hope they improved the paper feed in the new
model ... doesn't seem like a good business model for KM to have the
printer die after the first toner cartridge ;-)... that's where all the
money is.

Art

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:48:20 -0700, "Tony Olson" <tonyolsonaz@cox.net>
wrote:

>I had a Minolta QMS 1250W PagePro. I liked the printer except they don't
>last very long. I was able to get toner cartridge refills for much less than
>Minolta charged for there's.
>
>The next version of this printer is the 1350W and I inadvertently read a
>message somewhere that this printer wouldn't allow toner cartridge refills
>except from Minolta.
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows what lasers still allow toner cartridge
>refills from 3rd party vendors?

The Konica Minolta 1350W does, take a look at:
http://www.tonerrefillkits.com/refill_products104.htm?Konica_Minolta_PagePro_1350W

It uses a chip that slows the printer to 6 ppm if you just refill the
toner, but these guys also have replacement chips to restore the
printer's normal speed (if you want it, you can also use it without
the chip, at 6 ppm).

I have had a 1300W for almost a year and experienced a problem with
the paper feed but only when manual duplexing 100+ pages, otherwise it
has worked well. However, this seems to be common, according to a post
here by Dennis Rech, less than a month ago (talking about the 1250W):

>Its pretty common for the pick up rollers to get covered with paper
>dust and then not have enough grip to pull the paper off the stack.
>Unplug the printer and use a damp (water or alcohol) towel to wipe off
>the roller and rubber pads that grab the paper.
>My Minolta needs a good wipe down about every 1000 pages.

HTH

--
To reply by e-mail please replace the underscore with a dot.

Thanks....

I liked the overall performance of the 1250W and it appears that the 1350 is
better. I used to buy toner cartridges from 3rd party vendors, not the toner
refill kits. If you want to fill your own your URL is a solution.

Tony
"Rui Sá" <rui_sa@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:48:20 -0700, "Tony Olson" <tonyolsonaz@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I had a Minolta QMS 1250W PagePro. I liked the printer except they don't
>>last very long. I was able to get toner cartridge refills for much less
>>than
>>Minolta charged for there's.
>>
>>The next version of this printer is the 1350W and I inadvertently read a
>>message somewhere that this printer wouldn't allow toner cartridge refills
>>except from Minolta.
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone knows what lasers still allow toner cartridge
>>refills from 3rd party vendors?
>
> The Konica Minolta 1350W does, take a look at:
> http://www.tonerrefillkits.com/refill_products104.htm?Konica_Minolta_PagePro_1350W
>
> It uses a chip that slows the printer to 6 ppm if you just refill the
> toner, but these guys also have replacement chips to restore the
> printer's normal speed (if you want it, you can also use it without
> the chip, at 6 ppm).
>
> I have had a 1300W for almost a year and experienced a problem with
> the paper feed but only when manual duplexing 100+ pages, otherwise it
> has worked well. However, this seems to be common, according to a post
> here by Dennis Rech, less than a month ago (talking about the 1250W):
>
>>Its pretty common for the pick up rollers to get covered with paper
>>dust and then not have enough grip to pull the paper off the stack.
>>Unplug the printer and use a damp (water or alcohol) towel to wipe off
>>the roller and rubber pads that grab the paper.
>>My Minolta needs a good wipe down about every 1000 pages.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> To reply by e-mail please replace the underscore with a dot.

TRENDING THREADS