Need startup disk

I'm really hosed here. All kinds of errors when Windows 98 starts. In fact so
many errors it won't start. I have CD and Startup diskette. My diskette seems
to be bad because when I put in the diskette, I get an error that it can't
find the operationg system. So I can't get into Windows 98 and I can't
reinstall because diskette is bad. How can I fix my operationg system ?
Thanks,
Debra

You can make a new floppy start up disk using the computer you are posting
on using the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the W98 CD:
tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd

If you get the same error message, provide the error message verbatim along
with the steps you took to produce the error message.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Debra" <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm really hosed here. All kinds of errors when Windows 98 starts. In fact
> so
> many errors it won't start. I have CD and Startup diskette. My diskette
> seems
> to be bad because when I put in the diskette, I get an error that it can't
> find the operationg system. So I can't get into Windows 98 and I can't
> reinstall because diskette is bad. How can I fix my operationg system ?
> Thanks,
> Debra

http://www.bootdisk.com/

Download the bootdisk you need.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

"Debra" <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm really hosed here. All kinds of errors when Windows 98 starts. In fact
> so
> many errors it won't start. I have CD and Startup diskette. My diskette
> seems
> to be bad because when I put in the diskette, I get an error that it can't
> find the operationg system. So I can't get into Windows 98 and I can't
> reinstall because diskette is bad. How can I fix my operationg system ?
> Thanks,
> Debra

Thanks Ron and Richard. I did create a boot disk from bootdisk.com . But it
won't start the setup from CD. Any suggestions ? I figure I need to reinstall
Windows 98 but can't get setup to start.
Thanks,
Deb

"Ron Badour" wrote:

> You can make a new floppy start up disk using the computer you are posting
> on using the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the W98 CD:
> tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd
>
> If you get the same error message, provide the error message verbatim along
> with the steps you took to produce the error message.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>
> "Debra" <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm really hosed here. All kinds of errors when Windows 98 starts. In fact
> > so
> > many errors it won't start. I have CD and Startup diskette. My diskette
> > seems
> > to be bad because when I put in the diskette, I get an error that it can't
> > find the operationg system. So I can't get into Windows 98 and I can't
> > reinstall because diskette is bad. How can I fix my operationg system ?
> > Thanks,
> > Debra

Follow the steps here and if you have problems, report back telling exactly
what you did and what the computer did. If there are messages, report them
verbatim:

For information on installing W98, go to:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/w98_restore.html