windows

i believe my windows 98 system has been infected...i am constantly getting a
message as if my activex controls wont allow me to view pages...and also i
get an error message on start up "Error C:\\Windows\System\Thun32.dll...I
keep getting spyware messages that keep changing my home site....and also my
computer wont allow me to do any updates because it has an error that says
"missing export NTDll:NTShutdownSystem

Start with a complete scan with an up to date anti virus program followed by
a spyware hunt:

Spyware/scumware/adware are causing numerous system problems. I recommend
you download and use the following programs and consider removing everything
these programs identify. Be aware that there are frequent updates to these
programs and you need to check for them before every use.

AdAware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

CWShredder: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html (download
link near the bottom)

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"dee4477" <dee4477@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i believe my windows 98 system has been infected...i am constantly getting
> message as if my activex controls wont allow me to view pages...and also i
> get an error message on start up "Error C:\\Windows\System\Thun32.dll...I
> keep getting spyware messages that keep changing my home site....and also
> my
> computer wont allow me to do any updates because it has an error that says
> "missing export NTDll:NTShutdownSystem

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In addition to Ron, MVP's advice which is almost always great advice, please
consider viewing and reading the following web-link for more advice.

http://forums.techguy.org/archive/t-342221.html

(Disclaimer: Reading an unknown web-link always involves risk but life is
about risk so I can only encourage the user to safeguard their machine with a
hardware and software firewall, followed by keeping Windows fully up to date
via Windows Update, followed by antispyware software such as SpySweeper by
Webroot (Current cost about $30 for a year --- great product imho), next
Adaware SE by Majorgeeks is great, then Spybot Search and Destroy by
Majorgeeks, then SpywareBlaster by Majorgeeks, then possibly CWShredder by
Intermute (user has run into one difficulty with a false virus reading so use
at your own risk), then an antivirus program like EZARMOR Antivirus, etc.
The user also encourages the use of plain text reading in e-mail, the use of
secure log-ins whenever possible, the use of strong passwords with numbers
and symbols, the use of 128 bit encryption or better, etc. My favorite
software firewalls have been ZA PRO. and Computer Associates EZARMOR Firewall
which is based on an earlier version of ZA PRO. The problem with ZA PRO. has
been the poor programming in the more current versions that have to do with
tvdumpflags=10 in the autoexec.bat and this user has removed the second entry
which does no harm but is put there in the user's opinion because of sloppy
programming on ZoneAlarm Pro's support side. The user will maintain this
current view until it is challenged and the user is shown to be wrong. The
user then will greatfully accept the correction and procede to take note of
the reason and procede with life. The problem of just a hardware firewall
these days is easy access because of sloppy passwords ----- this happened to
the user and the LinkSyS telephone number that the user got from Gary S.
Terhune, MVP's grateful acknowledgement to another user allowed this
intermediate user to fix his hardware firewall problems as well. The user
now has a really complicated password on the LinkSyS settings but knows it is
just a matter of time before someone cracks the 14+ character password
randomly generated with numbers and symbols and that is why the user has a
2nd software firewall with extra high security settings in ZA PRO. The user
hopes Microsoft as a great and powerful company will be willing to release
Internet Explorer 7 for 98SE as a goodwill gesture to this user as well as
top users in Microsoft who also use 98SE as well as to the MVP's that use
98SE. Have a nice day and I hope this post helps everyone a little bit.
Please reply with all comments and the numerous mistakes that the user knows
he makes but gladly accepts correction although this user has a bad belief
and attitude at times this user is not so prideful to admit that he knows far
less than top Microsoft people and the majority of MVP's here. This user is
currently greatly missing posts by Hugh Candlin and Chris Quirke.

"dee4477" <dee4477@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: i believe my windows 98 system has been infected...i am constantly getting
: message as if my activex controls wont allow me to view pages...and also i
: get an error message on start up "Error C:\\Windows\System\Thun32.dll...I
: keep getting spyware messages that keep changing my home site....and also
my
: computer wont allow me to do any updates because it has an error that says
: "missing export NTDll:NTShutdownSystem
:
:
:

Mister

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
> [...]
> 2nd software firewall with extra high security settings in ZA PRO. The
user
> hopes Microsoft as a great and powerful company will be willing to release
> Internet Explorer 7 for 98SE as a goodwill gesture to this user as well as
> top users in Microsoft who also use 98SE as well as to the MVP's that use
> 98SE. Have a nice day and I hope this post helps everyone a little bit.
> Please reply with all comments and the numerous mistakes that the user
knows
> he makes but gladly accepts correction although this user has a bad belief
> and attitude at times this user is not so prideful to admit that he knows
far
> less than top Microsoft people and the majority of MVP's here. This user
is
> currently greatly missing posts by Hugh Candlin and Chris Quirke.

woah der lil' doggie......
are you for real brother?
dat sure was a mouth-ful, just got to figure out
what was in your mouth at the time.
whats a "user"? dont tell me its You!!
i thought Users were intelligent people or spaced-out
people, you must come inbetween somewhere.
do you have a Master that you serve?
is your master proud of you lil' doggie.

Mr