Partition hard drive

no hard disk found- when i use win 98 cd setup fails due to acpi.sys
corrupted. so i reboot and run setup with cd-rom without cd suppot. at the
command prompt i typed fdisk and i receive error message " no hard disk". I
DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO FROM HERE---PLEASE HELP:(

"countrygirl29824" <countrygirl29824@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:38EB3F5E-A190-41A4-9FEB-FF29ED19C69C@microsoft.com...

> no hard disk found- when i use win 98 cd setup fails due to acpi.sys
> corrupted. so i reboot and run setup with cd-rom without cd suppot. at the
> command prompt i typed fdisk and i receive error message " no hard disk".
> DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO FROM HERE---PLEASE HELP:(

1. If this hard drive is not new and used to
be used normally, this error message hints
it has died a natural death.
2. If this is a new hard drive, check that it
has been correctly conected. Does the BIOS
recognize it in the first step of booting?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Sounds as if your hard drive is failing or has failed. You may wish to
enlist the help of someone skilled at hardware troubleshooting if you are
not.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

"countrygirl29824" <countrygirl29824@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:38EB3F5E-A190-41A4-9FEB-FF29ED19C69C@microsoft.com...
> no hard disk found- when i use win 98 cd setup fails due to acpi.sys
> corrupted. so i reboot and run setup with cd-rom without cd suppot. at the
> command prompt i typed fdisk and i receive error message " no hard disk".
> DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO FROM HERE---PLEASE HELP:(

Richard is probably correct, but it is hard to tell exactly what is happening, what
you are doing, and how you are going about it, as you provide few relevant details.
Read the "goodpost" link in my signature and post back following those guidelines.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm