Why does the Windows 98SE registry contain Windows NT Entr..

I was editing the registry in 98SE and I have noticied that it contains
Windows NT entries. Specifically this question regards, a software
multimedia audio codec regarding Lernout and Hauspice that can be found in
the Control Panel under Multimedia settings, then Devices Tab, then Audio
Compression Codecs and then under the above Lernout and Hauspice entry. I
was wondering if indeed the 9x source code is completely seperate from NT
(New Technology) then why does or did Microsoft bother to put NT code in 9x
source code? Was this to get around limitations in the 9x source code, for
convenience or for some other reason? Thanks in advance and have a great
day!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 98se registry windows entr

    A Guide to Making Lernout & Hauspie Text-to-Speech Work in your Application
    http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/appnotes/L&HTTS.htm

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > I was editing the registry in 98SE and I have noticied that it contains
    > Windows NT entries. Specifically this question regards, a software
    > multimedia audio codec regarding Lernout and Hauspice that can be found in
    > the Control Panel under Multimedia settings, then Devices Tab, then Audio
    > Compression Codecs and then under the above Lernout and Hauspice entry. I
    > was wondering if indeed the 9x source code is completely seperate from NT
    > (New Technology) then why does or did Microsoft bother to put NT code in
    9x
    > source code? Was this to get around limitations in the 9x source code,
    for
    > convenience or for some other reason? Thanks in advance and have a great
    > day!

Registry Windows NT Windows