folder options - previewing contents

I am using Win98SE. When I have opened a folder, I can see the "thumbnail
preview" of gif images on the left side -- right under size info. However,
this does not work for jpg images. Is there something I can check to make
the jpg images also generate a preview?

Also, under Folder Options/File Type/Edit File Type/ and clicking on "Edit",
should Use DDE be checked and the DDE Message says: "file:%1",,-1,,,,,

It is the same for both gif and jpg file types.
Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about folder options previewing contents

    For "As WEB Page" & Thumbnail View...

    (1) Are you in "My Computer, View Menu, As WEB Page" view?
    (2) I have read (rumor) installing IrfanView will upset it. Have you
    done so?
    (3) There is this fix...
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm
    Repair Image Preview and Thumbnail View in Windows Explorer
    ....However, I do not know of the implications it may have to IrfanView.

    For just Thumbnail View...

    (1) You turned it on, by R-Clk any folder in Explorer, Properties,
    "Enable thumbnail view". Then, you R-Clkd the R-Pane, View, & selected
    "Thumbnail"?

    (2) There is a repair for it at...
    http://aumha.org/regfiles.htm
    & here it is...

    http://aumha.org/downloads/thumnail.zip
    This is the general fix to restore Windows Explorer’s thumbnail preview
    capability for a dozen different image types. Based on the original work
    of Alex Nichol, Doug Knox & other MS-MVPs.
    WARNING: Do not use in Win XP.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "yepp" <nodot@.com> wrote in message
    | I am using Win98SE. When I have opened a folder, I can see the
    "thumbnail
    | preview" of gif images on the left side -- right under size info.
    However,
    | this does not work for jpg images. Is there something I can check to
    make
    | the jpg images also generate a preview?
    |
    | Also, under Folder Options/File Type/Edit File Type/ and clicking on
    "Edit",
    | should Use DDE be checked and the DDE Message says:
    |
    | It is the same for both gif and jpg file types.
    | Thanks for any help.

Microsoft File Type Windows