Internet Regulations Coming Soon ...

Archived from groups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.true-crime,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

This is a prime example of how government works. They ratchet up their
control incrementally and never relinquish.
If you care about internet freedom, nip this in the bud!!! There's a
petition link below.
From www.DownsizeDC.org :

The Federal Election Commission (FEC) could take
action as soon as this week to regulate the Internet.

These regulations are mandated by a court order ruling
that the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act applies to the
Internet.

Senators John McCain and Russ Feingold (the primary
authors of BCRA) have tried to lull the Internet to
sleep on this issue, claiming that the new regulations
will be moderate. And they seem to have succeeded. The
Internet has gone silent about this looming threat.

But do not be deceived. Rights lost are rarely
regained. And our ability to use the Internet as a
"free press" is about to be lost. Consider this recent
"Washington Post" quote from Republican FEC
Commissioner David M. Mason:

"We are almost certainly going to move from an
environment in which the Internet was per se not
regulated to where it is going to be regulated in
some part. That shift has huge significance because
it means that people who are conducting political
activity on the Internet are suddenly going to have
to worry about or at least be conscious of certain
legal distinctions and lines they didn't used to
have to worry about."

And the regulations that McCain and Feingold claim
will only be moderate, are unlikely to stay that way.
McCain and Feingold have gone to court repeatedly to
force the FEC to expand regulatory control of
political expression. New legislation against 527
organizations is also pending in Congress, and gaining
a lot of support on Capitol Hill.

I see absolutely no reason to believe that incumbent
office holders will relent until they have controlled
every venue of grassroots political activity. Indeed,
the claim that initial regulations will be moderate is
part of their method of operation. They add
restrictions gradually so that no one raises too much
of a fuss at any step along the way.

Do not be fooled. Do not go to sleep. We must fight to
retain our right to freedom of the press on the
Internet. Please click here to send a message to
Congress to preserve an unregulated Internet by
repealing BCRA:
http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=19

"Fred Mann" <fredmann@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> The Federal Election Commission (FEC) could take
> action as soon as this week to regulate the Internet.

I'd like to see some regulation of your off-topic spamming of Usenet.

blash

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.true-crime,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

Fred Mann moans:

<< I see absolutely no reason to believe that incumbent office holders will
relent until they have controlled every venue of grassroots political
activity.>>

Is this Crazy Bob MBA???

"ynotssor" <ynotssor@example.net> wrote in message

> "Fred Mann" <fredmann@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
> > The Federal Election Commission (FEC) could take
> > action as soon as this week to regulate the Internet.
>
> I'd like to see some regulation of your off-topic spamming of Usenet.

This may ultimately affect these newsgroups directly!!
Government only grows. The budget has increased every one of the last 30
years -- look it up. Exhibit A: the current government. This is the largest
government in the US's history (so conservative).
This is not debatable.
The legislation is REAL. If you think the government doesn't want to keep
growing and expanding into our lives, you're just in denial of the obvious
facts (see above).

blash

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.true-crime,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim at killgod@killgod.com wrote:

<< no, now all the wackos are in washington, with the head wacko in the
white house. the only good republicscum is a DEAD republicscum.

I wonder if these cross-posting political whackos(with their childish
names) think they cause anyone to agree with their thinking when they post
clever lines like the above...........

Archived from groups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.true-crime,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

"ynotssor" <ynotssor@example.net> wrote in message

> "Fred Mann" <fredmann@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
>> The Federal Election Commission (FEC) could take
>> action as soon as this week to regulate the Internet.
>
> I'd like to see some regulation of your off-topic spamming of Usenet.

How can the topic of Internet Regulation be "off topic" in ANY usenet group?

Name just one group that wouldn't effect.

Twit. The rules in question regulate PAID ADVERTISING on the Internet, not
any blogs or private content. And certainly not technical support forums.

And thanks for crossposting to several rather nasty cesspools. I'm un-doing
that because we don't need political drivel interfering in our right to help
poor, otherwise-unaided computer users solve their problems.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

"Fred Mann" <fredmann@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> This is a prime example of how government works. They ratchet up their
> control incrementally and never relinquish.
> If you care about internet freedom, nip this in the bud!!! There's a
> petition link below.

Archived from groups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.true-crime,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

You noticed the pattern.
Common pattern among prior to enactment of laws.
People whine because someone is abusing or inconveniencing them in some
fashion or another. This is due to some freedom, or other unregulated
action.

Laws are passed in an attempt to fix the people's whining. Sometimes its a
half-fix and part of the problem remains. Sometimes its an all-encompassing
fix. Two things usually result. The offending parties find a way around
the legislation, and the people's freedoms and rights are infringed as a
result of that legislation.

The legislation may remain as is, or may be modified to please more people,
or may be repealed.

In any event, legislation is a slow process.

Freedom of the Press is another abused right by many unscrupulous
individuals. Part of the oath taken before offering testimony at a jury
trial is to tell the whole truth. Not stating information negating one's
position or opinion on a subject, witholding information otherwise, is not
telling the truth. Its a lie. This, I learned prior to my teens as
everyone else did.

Because of this abuse, now we have tentative legislation to address that
abuse. Its your fault, mine, and everyione else's. You don't need
legislation to fix anyone's lack of honesty. Look in the mirror. So, the
pattern continues.