Unable to Download anything Please help me

Thanks for your replys. No when I try to put a value in the box (Its
just at 0 I didnt set it there or anything) I get a warning with a
yellow symbol telling me to enter a value between 0 and 1. You cant put
in a 0.1 value so I try 1 but I just keep getting the same message. You
can move the sliding bar but the value in the box does not increase.
I was thinking that maybe there wasnt enough space on my drive but I
dunno.
One minute it downloads no problems then I`ve got lots of problems. OH
I scanned my C drive yesterday and it kept having to restart because I
was getting a message saying ,It has been restarted 10 times because
something else is writing to something???

--
DaveGy

DaveGy Wrote:
> Thanks for your replys. No when I try to put a value in the box (Its
> just at 0 I didnt set it there or anything) I get a warning with a
> yellow symbol telling me to enter a value between 0 and 1. You cant put
> in a 0.1 value so I try 1 but I just keep getting the same message. You
> can move the sliding bar but the value in the box does not increase.
> I was thinking that maybe there wasnt enough space on my drive but I
> dunno.
> One minute it downloads no problems then I`ve got lots of problems. OH
> I scanned my C drive yesterday and it kept having to restart because I
> was getting a message saying ,It has been restarted 10 times because
> something else is writing to something???
When you try to download - do you mean directly - from a website - or
indirectly - like from an email attachment.
I have similar problems with hotmail recently on uploads/downloads.
Part of problem was down to Router mtu setting being 1430 not 1492.
Mozilla firefox seems to handle attachments in hotmail better than
IE6.

If you click on 'C' drive in explorer how much disk free space does it
show at the bottom of the window?

Is it possible the download is looking for a diskette? Could it be your
last succesful download was to your disc drive or external device or to
a directory that you do not have permission to access?

If you go to your browser - with your default page showing and do
file/save as... what (sub)directory does it point to?

--
Dave Smith