Lost my printer - HELP !!

iI had been using Win98SE for a long time with no difficulties, printing to a
Canon Laser Printer and everthing is fine. It printed from LPT 1 (ECP) with
a standard Win driver.
A week ago I bought a Brother Fax/Color printer, model 1840C with a USB
interface only. I had a great deal of difficulty trying to get it to print
and I have had no success. It seems like it install the "downloaded" driver
for Win98 but doesn't. The printer is recongnized with Win start. I tried
"uninstalling" the driver from Brother's uninstall software. Now my
laserwon't work and gives me the same message that it can't print and now
this printer isn't recognized in start up, Printer Wizard. I saw a M/S
suggestions to go to "accessores" , system tools, and system information to
see if any files were missing, corrupted and there was a few but after
replacing, etc. rebooting I still have the exact same problem, won't print a
test page or from any software. Deleted the printer, reinstalled and
nothing.... I've re-installed Win98 twice "over the top" of the old version
and nothing there either. HELP PLEASE !! A lot to ready.....sorry !!

Since it's USB did you make sure USB was enabled in the BIOS?

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Frustrated User" <frustrateduser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> iI had been using Win98SE for a long time with no difficulties, printing to a
> Canon Laser Printer and everthing is fine. It printed from LPT 1 (ECP) with
> a standard Win driver.
> A week ago I bought a Brother Fax/Color printer, model 1840C with a USB
> interface only. I had a great deal of difficulty trying to get it to print
> and I have had no success. It seems like it install the "downloaded" driver
> for Win98 but doesn't. The printer is recongnized with Win start. I tried
> "uninstalling" the driver from Brother's uninstall software. Now my
> laserwon't work and gives me the same message that it can't print and now
> this printer isn't recognized in start up, Printer Wizard. I saw a M/S
> suggestions to go to "accessores" , system tools, and system information to
> see if any files were missing, corrupted and there was a few but after
> replacing, etc. rebooting I still have the exact same problem, won't print a
> test page or from any software. Deleted the printer, reinstalled and
> nothing.... I've re-installed Win98 twice "over the top" of the old version
> and nothing there either. HELP PLEASE !! A lot to ready.....sorry !!

TRENDING THREADS