No HD found when installing XP on formatted HD

I have a new PC with an old HD on that had 98 on it. i formated the drive and
told the PC to start wiht the XP CD. whn it starts step up it askes. if i
want to install, repair or quit. i choose either repair or install and it
says no hard disk can be found. i even tried install in 98 back on and it
worked fine.

please help. and if possible can you e-mail me espolop@aol.com.

Thanks
Ollie Parsley

XP questions are best asked/answered in XP ng's:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm