Why does Windows open C:Program FilesCommon on startup?

My PC has a new development since applying SP2. When I start windows, now
it opens the C:\Program Files\Common folder. Any guess on what is causing
that?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows open program filescommon startup

    "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >My PC has a new development since applying SP2. When I start windows, now
    >it opens the C:\Program Files\Common folder. Any guess on what is causing
    >that?

    Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
    Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
    - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks for the quick reply - I checked all of them - no luck. Any other
    possiblities come to mind?

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>My PC has a new development since applying SP2. When I start windows, now
    >>it opens the C:\Program Files\Common folder. Any guess on what is causing
    >>that?
    >
    > Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
    > Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
    > - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    > - the Registry keys
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    > - the folders
    > C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    > C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    > See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    > XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    > Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).
    >
    > --
    > (tm)