sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
If I bought a opteron 144 how high could I OC without changing voltages. I would have a DFI Lanparty Ultra and G.SKill Extream DDR500 PC4000 RAM. Opteron 144 is 1.8 stock so what could I bump it up to without changing voltages.

I am new to OC so this question may be stupid. If someone could give me a little guide on how to OC a 144 and the steps if I do have to change stuff. But I would rather just not change much.

Also does the DFI lanparty have options where you can auto OC like 5%, 10%, 15% and so on? Thanks for the help

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
You either OC or you don't, auto OC'ing "features" are'nt worth any consideration. You will have to read up on the subject and learn to do it yourself. Fortunately, there is a lot of "how-to" and guides floating around the web, a quick search will get your started.

As far as predicting how high a CPU would OC, it's impossible to guess beyond blurting out averaged stats since the biggest variable is your personal skills and knowledge.

I wonder why you're going for a DFI mobo yet are reluctant of overvolt ?

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
You either OC or you don't, auto OC'ing "features" are'nt worth any consideration. You will have to read up on the subject and learn to do it yourself. Fortunately, there is a lot of "how-to" and guides floating around the web, a quick search will get your started.

As far as predicting how high a CPU would OC, it's impossible to guess beyond blurting out averaged stats since the biggest variable is your personal skills and knowledge.

I wonder why you're going for a DFI mobo yet are reluctant of overvolt ?

Not really reluctent just scared :D

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
If I bought a opteron 144 how high could I OC without changing voltages. I would have a DFI Lanparty Ultra and G.SKill Extream DDR500 PC4000 RAM. Opteron 144 is 1.8 stock so what could I bump it up to without changing voltages.

I am new to OC so this question may be stupid. If someone could give me a little guide on how to OC a 144 and the steps if I do have to change stuff. But I would rather just not change much.

Also does the DFI lanparty have options where you can auto OC like 5%, 10%, 15% and so on? Thanks for the help

I have the DFI Expert,144 and same ram (2x1Gb UCCC).

Stock volts on CPU and RAM with an everyday speed of 2.8Ghz,if you want the extra 100-200Mhz you will need to raise the CPU volts.

If you have the G.Skill non UCCC chips (512 sticks) and raise the voltages on them for higher Mhz....rais the CPU volts as well so the diodes in the CPU's memory controller are not put under stress.

The cpu volts should be 1/2 of the ram volts for longest cpu life.
Try to keep it under 1.6 volts even with good cooling.

Just a note if you have the UCCC chips and hit a Mhz that is unstable....try LOWERING the ram voltage. Going above 2.8 volts on that ram never seems to do any good and voids the warrenty.

Mine are at 2.6 volts.

Try the DFI forums for more info.

Z

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Remember If you want to Overclock anything!.
Applies for ANY FSB changes or any Multiplyer change over X1.5 lowering or raising

Wait for a Month of rigged use, then change anything. This is for getting your System bus and the PCI cards and devices and all connected phariphals to get use to the default speed and the voltages before getting flexable to any overclocked speeds or custom volt changes

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Try the DFI forums for more info.

Yup, This thread should get you started on OC'ing.

See my latest build in my DFI forum sig (will be useing a 146 this time for that 1:1 ratio,we will see if that boxed cpu is worth the extra $70 over the $139 144).