Lost "New" and "Find" in Windows Explorer's right-click me..

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 25, 2005 12:49:35 PM

I use to have the "New" and "Find" selections available in the Windows
Explorer's right-click menu. Today, suddenly the are gone. I have tried
re-booting, still gone. Does anybody know how to restore these menu items.

Thank you.

------------------
Pegboy
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 5:53:58 PM

Go here:
http://www.aumha.org/regfiles.htm
Click the "Restore NEW Command" link on the left.

Direct download:
http://aumha.org/downloads/new.zip
Unzip the file and follow the directions in the readme file.

Post back afterwards with your results, and we can look into the missing "Find".
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Pegboy" <pegboy@neb.rr.com> wrote in message
> I use to have the "New" and "Find" selections available in the Windows
> Explorer's right-click menu. Today, suddenly the are gone. I have tried
> re-booting, still gone. Does anybody know how to restore these menu items.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ------------------
> Pegboy

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 4:10:42 AM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:49:35 -0600, "Pegboy" <pegboy@neb.rr.com>
wrote:

>I use to have the "New" and "Find" selections available in the Windows
>Explorer's right-click menu. Today, suddenly the are gone. I have tried
>re-booting, still gone. Does anybody know how to restore these menu items.
>
>Thank you.
>
>------------------
>Pegboy

Try restoring a registry from before it happened. From Dos enter
Scanreg /restore and choose the most recent CAB file from before it
happened. Windows keeps 5 backups by default. The CAB files contain
the registry and system files backups.

If no help, Glen's suggestion should fix the missing NEW command.

This should also fix the FIND problem. But try the restore first. If
you use this backup the registry first.
Find-Related Commands Missing From Menus and Tools
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;222029

If you are not comfortable in the Registry let us know, we can give
you a reg file that should do it.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.epix.net/~bwatt/