Keyboard question

I have Win98, 10GB, 128MBRam. On my keyboard, the i key has suddenly
stopped working unless I pound it several times and now the y key is also
doing same. Is there a solution to put this back to how it should be or do
I just need to get a new keyboard? Thank you so much for help and also
thank you for being here to help so many. I have benefited so much through
the years by knowing you are here.

Alibar wrote:

> I have Win98, 10GB, 128MBRam. On my keyboard, the i key has suddenly
> stopped working unless I pound it several times and now the y key is also
> doing same. Is there a solution to put this back to how it should be or do
> I just need to get a new keyboard? Thank you so much for help and also
> thank you for being here to help so many. I have benefited so much through
> the years by knowing you are here.

You could turn the keyboard upside down and try to shake any loose debri
out of it.

I've heard of people rinseing key boards out AND DRYING THUROUGHLY
before reusing. I'm not quite brave enough to try that method.

I would advise using the malfunction to justify a new keyboard.

I have actually washed keyboards in the dishwasher with great success. Just
make sure that it's thoroughly dried out before reconnecting it to your
computer.

It does sound like you have some foreign object in the keyboard.

PattyL

"Alibar" <alys44@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Win98, 10GB, 128MBRam. On my keyboard, the i key has suddenly
> stopped working unless I pound it several times and now the y key is also
> doing same. Is there a solution to put this back to how it should be or
> do
> I just need to get a new keyboard? Thank you so much for help and also
> thank you for being here to help so many. I have benefited so much
> through
> the years by knowing you are here.

Thanks. I might try it after the new and better model I just bought on Ebay
arrives. haha It had never occurred to me something may be there needing
removal. Have had this one for maybe 6 years. MS Ergonomic. New one is
also MS Ergonomic with several special keys for opening email, etc...
Since making the initial post here, the r key is also acting up.

"PattyL" <pattyl@XXmvps.org> wrote in message
> I have actually washed keyboards in the dishwasher with great success.
Just
> make sure that it's thoroughly dried out before reconnecting it to your
> computer.
>
> It does sound like you have some foreign object in the keyboard.
>
> PattyL
>

> "Alibar" <alys44@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have Win98, 10GB, 128MBRam. On my keyboard, the i key has suddenly
> > stopped working unless I pound it several times and now the y key is
also
> > doing same. Is there a solution to put this back to how it should be
or
> > do
> > I just need to get a new keyboard? Thank you so much for help and also
> > thank you for being here to help so many. I have benefited so much
> > through
> > the years by knowing you are here.

Sounds like a MultiMedia keyboard. Since you know the manufacturer of the board,
go to their site and get the latest drivers for it so they're on hand when you
get it.

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm