SBC DSL: Real Player timed out

I recently switched from Earthlink Broadband to SBC DSL. Before the switch I
didn't have any problems running Real Player 10 streaming audio. After, I
haven't been able to do so. The error message is:" Connection to server has
timed out. You may be experiencing network problems.
rtsp://ra.gospel.net/Kln/Fl-03-22-2005.rm ". I've tried uninstalling and
re-installing Real Player, changing file associations, and contacting SBC and
Real Player. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about real player timed

    In news:0CD6871F-8E4B-4DB4-A6BE-A728C9E873CD@microsoft.com,
    mblaze1973 <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I recently switched from Earthlink Broadband to SBC DSL. Before the
    > switch I didn't have any problems running Real Player 10 streaming
    > audio. After, I haven't been able to do so. The error message is:"
    > Connection to server has timed out. You may be experiencing network
    > problems. rtsp://ra.gospel.net/Kln/Fl-03-22-2005.rm ". I've tried
    > uninstalling and re-installing Real Player, changing file
    > associations, and contacting SBC and Real Player. Any suggestions?

    Are you using any SBC software for your 'net connection? Do they block any
    ports by default? I do NOT know if they do or not but I know a number of
    people complain about file sharing applications when they "upgrade" to SBC
    which leads me to think that they're blocking something be it streaming or
    specific ports. I truly haven't any idea but I'd check the software that you
    may have used from them first and then look for blocked ports and the like.

    Galen

    Thanks Galen. I'll check with SBC to see about the port blocking.

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:0CD6871F-8E4B-4DB4-A6BE-A728C9E873CD@microsoft.com,
    > mblaze1973 <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > > I recently switched from Earthlink Broadband to SBC DSL. Before the
    > > switch I didn't have any problems running Real Player 10 streaming
    > > audio. After, I haven't been able to do so. The error message is:"
    > > Connection to server has timed out. You may be experiencing network
    > > problems. rtsp://ra.gospel.net/Kln/Fl-03-22-2005.rm ". I've tried
    > > uninstalling and re-installing Real Player, changing file
    > > associations, and contacting SBC and Real Player. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Are you using any SBC software for your 'net connection? Do they block any
    > ports by default? I do NOT know if they do or not but I know a number of
    > people complain about file sharing applications when they "upgrade" to SBC
    > which leads me to think that they're blocking something be it streaming or
    > specific ports. I truly haven't any idea but I'd check the software that you
    > may have used from them first and then look for blocked ports and the like.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    > Signature changed for a moment of silence.
    > Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

DSL Windows