- - > Voltage < - -

Good day

I have the P5WD2-E motherboard. Does anyone know why my D920 processor has been running with a Vcore of 1.45 V (ASUS probe and CPU Z reading). I have not edited anything in the BIOS and I would assume that the settings are at default. I am not using the AI Booster and the Vcore setting was at auto.

Why would the voltage run so high. The Intel CPU box says 1.3 V max.

Could I have damaged the processor? I built my system last week so it has been running like this for a week.

I have changed the Vcore to 1.2875 V using AI booster. ASUS probe (and CPU Z) now shows Vcore of 1.36 V. My CPU temp has also come down to 35 degrees C ( It was running at 40 degrees C )

Any ideas

4 answers Last reply
More about voltage
  1. Well I have no idea what caused that. It happened to my mate's old xp1800+ in which the voltage dropped to i think 1.3 and the frequency dropped to 1.1 because the mobo didnt recognise it? Does your mobo recognise your cpu correctly? And no running it at that voltage for a week wont do any damage at all. My cpu has been running at 0.3 volts higher than stock for close to a year now.
  2. Thanks

It recognises the D920 processor.

I will try to update the BIOS though.

:D
  3. Interesting -- I have exactly the same problem (down to the voltage values w/ the same MB and a D920). I sent a support request to ASUS and so far I got this:

Quote:
    Please update the bios if this doesn't help Call xxx-xxx-xxxx option number 3 to return the mobo or for accessories. Call after 7:30am pacific time.

I am running the 0501 BIOS tho and I'm not looking forward to pull the MB out -- it's pretty tight water cooled rig :?

Anyone w/ more info please speak up..
  4. Quote:
    Interesting -- I have exactly the same problem (down to the voltage values w/ the same MB and a D920). I sent a support request to ASUS and so far I got this:

Please update the bios if this doesn't help Call xxx-xxx-xxxx option number 3 to return the mobo or for accessories. Call after 7:30am pacific time.

I am running the 0501 BIOS tho and I'm not looking forward to pull the MB out -- it's pretty tight water cooled rig :?

Anyone w/ more info please speak up..
    I have the same problem it happened after flashing to the 0501 BIOS. My temperature went up 7 degrees to 40 idle.

I think there is nothing wrong with the board the problem must be the bios. i'm flashing back to my prev. bios tonight.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus CPUs Processors Motherboards