problems with Display Graphics - 'pixel problem'

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
March 28, 2005 1:26:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.display.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I have been using Windows 98 on an older Pentium 3 using ABIT Siluro T400
Graphics card for the past 4 or more years and my PC has now developed a
'pixel problem'. Images become corrupted - sort of 'pixel leaking', small
blotches of colour left on the screen after moving Windows Applications
around. Not all the time but sometimes minimal and sometimes a complete
mess.

I can't fathom out whether it's my graphics card malfunctioning, my
motherboard malfunctioning or something 'simple' like corrupt drivers.

Can anyone please advise me on how best to trouble-shoot this problem?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Graphics card software.

thanks in advance

Rick
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 28, 2005 1:26:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.display.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Begin by temporarily moving the monitor to another machine and test.
Also test by installing one of the plain-vanilla MS video drivers as an
alternative to your current third-party driver.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------

!