problems with Display Graphics - 'pixel problem'

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.display.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I have been using Windows 98 on an older Pentium 3 using ABIT Siluro T400
Graphics card for the past 4 or more years and my PC has now developed a
'pixel problem'. Images become corrupted - sort of 'pixel leaking', small
blotches of colour left on the screen after moving Windows Applications
around. Not all the time but sometimes minimal and sometimes a complete
mess.

I can't fathom out whether it's my graphics card malfunctioning, my
motherboard malfunctioning or something 'simple' like corrupt drivers.

Can anyone please advise me on how best to trouble-shoot this problem?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Graphics card software.

thanks in advance

Rick
1
answer
Last reply
More about problems display graphics pixel problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.display.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Begin by temporarily moving the monitor to another machine and test.
    Also test by installing one of the plain-vanilla MS video drivers as an
    alternative to your current third-party driver.

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Baldrick" <rick.hardy@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > I have been using Windows 98 on an older Pentium 3 using ABIT Siluro T400
    > Graphics card for the past 4 or more years and my PC has now developed a
    > 'pixel problem'. Images become corrupted - sort of 'pixel leaking', small
    > blotches of colour left on the screen after moving Windows Applications
    > around. Not all the time but sometimes minimal and sometimes a complete
    > mess.
    >
    > I can't fathom out whether it's my graphics card malfunctioning, my
    > motherboard malfunctioning or something 'simple' like corrupt drivers.
    >
    > Can anyone please advise me on how best to trouble-shoot this problem?
    >
    > I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Graphics card software.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Rick

Graphics Cards Microsoft Windows Displays