binky

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

Can anyone tell me how to make this printer take paper from the flip down
envelope tray on the front rather than the underneath paper tray please.

Thanks in advance,

Binky.

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:17:55 UTC, "Binky" <binky@binkyworld.net> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to make this printer take paper from the flip down
> envelope tray on the front rather than the underneath paper tray please.

It will normally take paper from there if it detects paper.

The MP Tray (as it is called) may be confifured incorrectly. On the
printer panel (on the printer itself) select the CONFIG menu, and set MP
TRAY=FIRST. Save that, and it should work.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

>> "Binky" <binky@binkyworld.net> wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how to make this printer take paper
>> from the flip down envelope tray on the front rather
>> than the underneath paper tray please.

> Bob Eager <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote:
> It will normally take paper from there if it detects
> paper.
>
> The MP Tray (as it is called) may be confifured incorrectly.
> On the printer panel (on the printer itself) select the
> CONFIG menu, and set MP TRAY=FIRST.

In Windows printer setup menus, "automatically select"
also works if media is detected in the manual tray.
You can force it with "manual feed", but that might
result in a pause/continue op on each sheet.

Sounds like there's some chance here that the detector
switch has failed. The arm of that switch is the black
plastic leg extending down from the small box assy' at
the left of the tray.

Just turn the printer off. Hold down the Online Button and then turn it
back on. Let teh Online button go after the "Cold Reset" msg appears.
That should set the printer back to Default.

Dewaine

Bob Niland wrote:

> >> "Binky" <binky@binkyworld.net> wrote:
> >> Can anyone tell me how to make this printer take paper
> >> from the flip down envelope tray on the front rather
> >> than the underneath paper tray please.
>
> > Bob Eager <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote:
> > It will normally take paper from there if it detects
> > paper.
> >
> > The MP Tray (as it is called) may be confifured incorrectly.
> > On the printer panel (on the printer itself) select the
> > CONFIG menu, and set MP TRAY=FIRST.
>
> In Windows printer setup menus, "automatically select"
> also works if media is detected in the manual tray.
> You can force it with "manual feed", but that might
> result in a pause/continue op on each sheet.
>
> Sounds like there's some chance here that the detector
> switch has failed. The arm of that switch is the black
> plastic leg extending down from the small box assy' at
> the left of the tray.
>
> --
> Regards, Bob Niland mailto:name@ispname.tld
> http://www.access-one.com/rjn email4rjn AT yahoo DOT com
> NOT speaking for any employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

If you have this one a network, I would advice to remove the network card
before carrying out the cold reset. Sometimes, doing this before removing
the network card can also reset your network settings on the card.

"Dewaine Chan" <"dchanNOSPAM"@NOSPAM PLZZZnc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Just turn the printer off. Hold down the Online Button and then turn it
> back on. Let teh Online button go after the "Cold Reset" msg appears.
> That should set the printer back to Default.
>
> Dewaine

>> > Bob Eager <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote:
>> > It will normally take paper from there if it detects
>> > paper.
>> >
>> > The MP Tray (as it is called) may be confifured incorrectly.
>> > On the printer panel (on the printer itself) select the
>> > CONFIG menu, and set MP TRAY=FIRST.
>>
>> In Windows printer setup menus, "automatically select"
>> also works if media is detected in the manual tray.
>> You can force it with "manual feed", but that might
>> result in a pause/continue op on each sheet.
>>
>> Sounds like there's some chance here that the detector
>> switch has failed. The arm of that switch is the black
>> plastic leg extending down from the small box assy' at
>> the left of the tray.
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Bob Niland mailto:name@ispname.tld
>> http://www.access-one.com/rjn email4rjn AT yahoo DOT com
>> NOT speaking for any employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

binky

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

Many thanks people.