Sign in with
Your question

How do I install Windows 7 OEM 64bit? nothing is working

Last response: in Windows 7
April 15, 2011 11:53:52 PM

How do I install this. I have reconfigured to boot from CD I put the dvd in and its says no bootable media insert and retry. this is a brand new copy just opened it this evening. I dont get it why wont it start it has a setup command on and all. this is a brand new harddrive as well. the bios sees the cd/rom hard drive as well. what am I doing wrong? I even tried making a opk as well and that didnt work either. please help just sitting here puzzled. I even tried to make a recovery CD on my other win 7 system that will not boot as well.
a b $ Windows 7
April 16, 2011 2:03:56 AM

Now just to be clear... you have a DVD drive, correct? Because if you don't, you're not going to boot from a Windows 7 DVD. That said, just because the BIOS sees the drive, doesn't mean it isn't defective. I had a DVD-RW / Blu-Ray combo drive that would only read CDs. Needless to say, it had to be replaced. If you have another known good drive, I'd suggest giving it a try.
m
l
April 16, 2011 11:49:05 AM

Are you able to boot into an operating system on this pc?
Do you know for sure the drive works?
Has the sata cable come loose? (Yes it happens, one came into my shop yesterday with it.)
m
l
Related resources
April 16, 2011 4:35:44 PM

if I put the old harddrive in the computer it goes right back to win xp pro no problems and everything works. Yes it will play dvds
m
l
April 16, 2011 4:56:14 PM

Try another dvd drive in the computer. or put the windows 7 disc in another dvd drive and see if it starts press any key to boot from dvd.

check conections are secure on suspect dvd drive as has already been advised.

Putting a old hard drive in doesn't help with the dvd drive not reading the win 7 disc at all.
m
l
April 16, 2011 5:40:34 PM

no it just gave me peace of mind its something simple is all.
m
l
April 16, 2011 5:45:23 PM

yes the dvd booted in another dvd player must be a bad sata cable going to plug another one in
m
l
April 16, 2011 7:42:35 PM

It's either that or bad drive swap it out and try it in your other pc.
m
l
April 16, 2011 7:49:02 PM

the drive has suddenly gone bad. It will not spin up and when I throw the old hardrive on it configures the cd drive as a dvd ram drive but you cannot read anything on the drive contents. I have swtiched power plugs and sata cables and nothing. the windows 7 disk will read on another computer no problem at all. The only other drive I have is IDE only not sata. I wait and get another drive and try again.
m
l
April 17, 2011 4:08:58 AM

yes I saw that but theres the deal I dont understand it at all. I cant find any iso file on the dvd to put on a jump drive. ive read the directions like 5 times and still doesnt make any sense I also grabbed the windows 7 usb dvd tool and get to the point to load the iso file but cannot find it on the dvd
m
l
April 17, 2011 4:33:09 AM

Ok That link above made it quite easy everything wsas going fine until I noticed its only a 2gb jump drive. ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
April 17, 2011 3:12:58 PM

Fine69 said:
the drive has suddenly gone bad. It will not spin up and when I throw the old hardrive on it configures the cd drive as a dvd ram drive but you cannot read anything on the drive contents. I have swtiched power plugs and sata cables and nothing. the windows 7 disk will read on another computer no problem at all. The only other drive I have is IDE only not sata. I wait and get another drive and try again.

If it not spinning up yes a new drive, if you have an ide connector on your mobo then all you need is an ide ribbon cable and you can connect up the ide drive as long as it is a known good working dvd drive.
m
l
April 17, 2011 6:38:54 PM

nope no ide on this mb
m
l
April 19, 2011 6:32:27 PM

You can either buy a sata to ide card or a new drive either are cheap enough.
m
l
April 19, 2011 8:29:21 PM

im waiting until next week to start working on this again. its running on a older software fine for now.
m
l
!