Invalid Page Fault

I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in module
lxbzcf32.dll
Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
5 answers Last reply
More about invalid page fault

    WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for that
    filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums. Are
    you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
    that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
    file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to reinstall
    WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
    answers to be easy.

    Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not be
    a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate the
    file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how big
    is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
    described in the article in my signature about Security.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
    module
    > lxbzcf32.dll
    > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=lxbzcf32.dll++wpwin7
    GG finds nothing for "lxbzcf32.dll wpwin7".

    Better update definitions & do a virus check. Are you spelling these
    things right? What is the precise wording of the error message, & when
    does it occur?

    (A) Boot to Safe Mode (Hold F5 or CTRL at boot), & see whether you spot
    it in...

    (1) "START button, Run, MSConfig, Startup tab".
    Uncheck anything that looks like your virus.

    (2) "START button, Run, SysEdit" to look at System.ini & Win.ini.

    (a) Normally, Win.ini has these first lines...
    [windows]
    load=
    run=
    ....Anything after those equal signs could be trouble. (But it's OK not
    to have the lines at all.)

    (b) System.ini will have this in the [boot] section...
    [boot]
    shell=Explorer.exe
    ....Anything other than JUST that on that line could be trouble.

    (B) Some of these allow an online scan...
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym
    http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/
    http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
    http://www.europe.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php AVG 6.0 (free)
    http://www.mcafeehelp.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/
    http://www2.my-etrust.com/
    http://www.3lanes.freeserve.co.uk/whcc/

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/

    http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/virtest.htm - formal scanning
    www.f-prot.com - free DOS-based av
    www.nod32.com - free DOS-based av evaluation
    www.sophos.com - free DOS-based av evaluation

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
    module
    | lxbzcf32.dll
    | Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.

    The file is located in C:\win98\system, the size is 56kb, and it was last
    modified on 2/13/04.

    I will await to hear from you.

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for that
    > filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums. Are
    > you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
    > that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
    > file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to reinstall
    > WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
    > answers to be easy.
    >
    > Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not be
    > a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate the
    > file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how big
    > is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
    > described in the article in my signature about Security.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
    > module
    > > lxbzcf32.dll
    > > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.

    Is "C:\Win98" your Windows folder, instead of the usual C:\Windows"?

    The date suggests that *if* this is a spell-check DLL, it was updated on
    2/13/04, and that doesn't really make sense for WordPerfect 7, *unless*
    you have other, newer Corel apps installed. You certainly wouldn't have
    installed any update for WP 7 from that range of dates. They stopped
    issuing updates for WP 7 a long, long time ago. And the fact remains
    that that filename isn't mentioned anywhere in the universe that I can
    find--that's usually an indication of malware. It would have to be some
    pretty intricate malware to cause that kind of error, but you never
    know. Suggest that you review and apply the suggestions in my Security
    article, on general principle. Reinstalling WP 7 might *not* be the best
    first step, unless you have stored all of the updates that were issued
    for that program.

    I *think* I have WP 7 around here somewhere. I know I've got 8, 9, 10
    and maybe even 11. And, again, I would be very interested to know if you
    have any newer versions of any Corel/WordPerfect apps installed.

    --

    > The file is located in C:\win98\system, the size is 56kb, and it was
    last
    > modified on 2/13/04.
    >
    > I will await to hear from you.
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    > > WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for
    that
    > > filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums.
    Are
    > > you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
    > > that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
    > > file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to
    reinstall
    > > WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
    > > answers to be easy.
    > >
    > > Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not
    be
    > > a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate
    the
    > > file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how
    big
    > > is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
    > > described in the article in my signature about Security.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault
    in
    > > module
    > > > lxbzcf32.dll
    > > > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.

    I don't have any newer version installed on that computer that I am aware of.
    I think I have a newer version at my office. Win98 is the windows folder
    for that computer. Thank you for your help so far, I think I will review
    your security one again, and try to follow the steps. It seemed a little
    complicated with the several programs you had, but I read it in a hurry.

Microsoft Error Message Windows