Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Invalid Page Fault

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:11:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in module
lxbzcf32.dll
Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.

More about : invalid page fault

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 5:48:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for that
filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums. Are
you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to reinstall
WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
answers to be easy.

Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not be
a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate the
file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how big
is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
described in the article in my signature about Security.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

"shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8362AD21-288F-4531-ABBC-28549B7C3803@microsoft.com...
> I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
module
> lxbzcf32.dll
> Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:26:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=lxbzcf32.dll++wp...
GG finds nothing for "lxbzcf32.dll wpwin7".

Better update definitions & do a virus check. Are you spelling these
things right? What is the precise wording of the error message, & when
does it occur?

(A) Boot to Safe Mode (Hold F5 or CTRL at boot), & see whether you spot
it in...

(1) "START button, Run, MSConfig, Startup tab".
Uncheck anything that looks like your virus.

(2) "START button, Run, SysEdit" to look at System.ini & Win.ini.

(a) Normally, Win.ini has these first lines...
[windows]
load=
run=
....Anything after those equal signs could be trouble. (But it's OK not
to have the lines at all.)

(b) System.ini will have this in the [boot] section...
[boot]
shell=Explorer.exe
....Anything other than JUST that on that line could be trouble.

(B) Some of these allow an online scan...
http://commandondemand.com/eval/index.cfm
http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://scan.sygatetech.com/prestealthscan.html
http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=...
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html Avast (free)
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools....
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php AVG 6.0 (free)
http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
http://www.mcafeehelp.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.com/
http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/
http://www2.my-etrust.com/
http://www.3lanes.freeserve.co.uk/whcc/

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?u...

http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/virtest.htm - formal scanning
www.f-prot.com - free DOS-based av
www.nod32.com - free DOS-based av evaluation
www.sophos.com - free DOS-based av evaluation



--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8362AD21-288F-4531-ABBC-28549B7C3803@microsoft.com...
| I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
module
| lxbzcf32.dll
| Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:25:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

The file is located in C:\win98\system, the size is 56kb, and it was last
modified on 2/13/04.

I will await to hear from you.

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for that
> filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums. Are
> you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
> that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
> file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to reinstall
> WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
> answers to be easy.
>
> Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not be
> a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate the
> file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how big
> is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
> described in the article in my signature about Security.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8362AD21-288F-4531-ABBC-28549B7C3803@microsoft.com...
> > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault in
> module
> > lxbzcf32.dll
> > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
>
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 12:45:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Is "C:\Win98" your Windows folder, instead of the usual C:\Windows"?

The date suggests that *if* this is a spell-check DLL, it was updated on
2/13/04, and that doesn't really make sense for WordPerfect 7, *unless*
you have other, newer Corel apps installed. You certainly wouldn't have
installed any update for WP 7 from that range of dates. They stopped
issuing updates for WP 7 a long, long time ago. And the fact remains
that that filename isn't mentioned anywhere in the universe that I can
find--that's usually an indication of malware. It would have to be some
pretty intricate malware to cause that kind of error, but you never
know. Suggest that you review and apply the suggestions in my Security
article, on general principle. Reinstalling WP 7 might *not* be the best
first step, unless you have stored all of the updates that were issued
for that program.

I *think* I have WP 7 around here somewhere. I know I've got 8, 9, 10
and maybe even 11. And, again, I would be very interested to know if you
have any newer versions of any Corel/WordPerfect apps installed.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

"shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 248DE2D-927B-4AA0-BEC7-BB277066A0E3@microsoft.com...
> The file is located in C:\win98\system, the size is 56kb, and it was
last
> modified on 2/13/04.
>
> I will await to hear from you.
>
> "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
>
> > WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for
that
> > filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums.
Are
> > you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
> > that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
> > file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to
reinstall
> > WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
> > answers to be easy.
> >
> > Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not
be
> > a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate
the
> > file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how
big
> > is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
> > described in the article in my signature about Security.
> >
> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> >
> > "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:8362AD21-288F-4531-ABBC-28549B7C3803@microsoft.com...
> > > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault
in
> > module
> > > lxbzcf32.dll
> > > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
> >
> >
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:17:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I don't have any newer version installed on that computer that I am aware of.
I think I have a newer version at my office. Win98 is the windows folder
for that computer. Thank you for your help so far, I think I will review
your security one again, and try to follow the steps. It seemed a little
complicated with the several programs you had, but I read it in a hurry.



"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> Is "C:\Win98" your Windows folder, instead of the usual C:\Windows"?
>
> The date suggests that *if* this is a spell-check DLL, it was updated on
> 2/13/04, and that doesn't really make sense for WordPerfect 7, *unless*
> you have other, newer Corel apps installed. You certainly wouldn't have
> installed any update for WP 7 from that range of dates. They stopped
> issuing updates for WP 7 a long, long time ago. And the fact remains
> that that filename isn't mentioned anywhere in the universe that I can
> find--that's usually an indication of malware. It would have to be some
> pretty intricate malware to cause that kind of error, but you never
> know. Suggest that you review and apply the suggestions in my Security
> article, on general principle. Reinstalling WP 7 might *not* be the best
> first step, unless you have stored all of the updates that were issued
> for that program.
>
> I *think* I have WP 7 around here somewhere. I know I've got 8, 9, 10
> and maybe even 11. And, again, I would be very interested to know if you
> have any newer versions of any Corel/WordPerfect apps installed.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 248DE2D-927B-4AA0-BEC7-BB277066A0E3@microsoft.com...
> > The file is located in C:\win98\system, the size is 56kb, and it was
> last
> > modified on 2/13/04.
> >
> > I will await to hear from you.
> >
> > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
> >
> > > WPWIN7 is WordPerfect 7 for Windows. However, I find nothing for
> that
> > > filename, not even in the Corel Knowledge Base or support forums.
> Are
> > > you *certain* that's its name? The first two letters, 'lx', indicate
> > > that it might be a "lexicon", a spell-checking dictionary. *If* that
> > > file is a legitimate file, then the probable solution is to
> reinstall
> > > WordPerfect. That's a mighty old version, so don't expect finding
> > > answers to be easy.
> > >
> > > Your problem may also be due to malware--that lxbzcf32.dll might not
> be
> > > a legitimate file at all. You can use Find>Files & Folders to locate
> the
> > > file, then tell us where it's located, what its "Date Modified", how
> big
> > > is it? Also, you should run the usual AV and spyware scanners, as
> > > described in the article in my signature about Security.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gary S. Terhune
> > > MS MVP Shell/User
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> > >
> > > "shawnwil" <shawnwil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:8362AD21-288F-4531-ABBC-28549B7C3803@microsoft.com...
> > > > I am getting an error message wpwin7 caused an invalid page gault
> in
> > > module
> > > > lxbzcf32.dll
> > > > Does anyone have a clue to how to solve the problem.
> > >
> > >
>
>
!