Fast Machine but Slow 1st 30 sec of flight?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have a cranking system: Athlon 64 3000, 512 mem, 160 GB HD, 128 GEforce
vid card. Runs games like a top, but after reinstalling a new Motherboard
and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second and
then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?

- Chris

>I have a cranking system: Athlon 64 3000, 512 mem, 160 GB HD, 128 GEforce
>vid card. Runs games like a top, but after reinstalling a new Motherboard
>and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second and
>then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?

Is that until you take off? If you use an FF stick disable ground
effect in FS for the forces...

===
Best Regards
Katy

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gday Chris
Sounds like a memory and/or hard drive problem. The first thing
I would do is to get another 512Mb of ram.Did you do a full install of the
sim? How full is your hard drive?
What other processes are runing in the background?
What Im thinking is,that the sim is using all the ram to load textures etc
and then using the paging file and this is what is causing the
stuttering.Once everything is loaded,it smoooths out and away you go.

For now,I would suggest a defrag of the HD and check the size of the swap
file in your settings.Then get more RAM.

Bryan

Chris wrote:

> and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second and
> then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?

Do you also notice pauses when deploying/retracting flaps and landing gear while
airborne?

--
David

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Whoa! You are amazing. I use a standard MS FF stick (not USB) and turning
off the FF seemed to solve the problem. So next question, can i get FF going
and still have frame rates?

- Chris

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> >I have a cranking system: Athlon 64 3000, 512 mem, 160 GB HD, 128 GEforce
>>vid card. Runs games like a top, but after reinstalling a new Motherboard
>>and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second
>>and
>>then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?
>
> Is that until you take off? If you use an FF stick disable ground
> effect in FS for the forces...
>
> ===
> Best Regards
> Katy

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

What are your swap file sizes?

"Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
> Gday Chris
> Sounds like a memory and/or hard drive problem. The first
> thing I would do is to get another 512Mb of ram.Did you do a full install
> of the sim? How full is your hard drive?
> What other processes are runing in the background?
> What Im thinking is,that the sim is using all the ram to load textures etc
> and then using the paging file and this is what is causing the
> stuttering.Once everything is loaded,it smoooths out and away you go.
>
> For now,I would suggest a defrag of the HD and check the size of the swap
> file in your settings.Then get more RAM.
>
> Bryan
>
> "Chris" <none@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have a cranking system: Athlon 64 3000, 512 mem, 160 GB HD, 128 GEforce
>>vid card. Runs games like a top, but after reinstalling a new Motherboard
>>and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second
>>and then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?
>>
>> - Chris

Hi Chris,

After installing the new motherboard, did you think of re-installing windows
? If the new motherboard is different from the old one, you're way better of
with a fresh windows install, and of course the motherboard drivers...

ralph

"Chris" <none@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have a cranking system: Athlon 64 3000, 512 mem, 160 GB HD, 128 GEforce
>vid card. Runs games like a top, but after reinstalling a new Motherboard
>and FS9, the 1st 30-45 seconds on the runway runs at 1 frame per second and
>then goes to like 20? Even on default settings? Any ideas?
>
> - Chris

shabby

Did that too thanks....
It seems to be the FF joystick...