Missing user acount - unable to log on

When I switched my laptop on, there was no user accounts,
just the blue Welcome screen. The only way I can get past
the Welcome screen, is to ctrl/alt/del twice and enter the
login from a dialogue box that comes up. When I go to -
Control Pannel, User Accounts - the only account open is a
Guest account, in the name I logged on in, with no
administrator controls. Does any body know how I can get
back my original User account?

On restart or start-up,immediatly tap the F8 key (before xp screen),
select safe-mode with networking,enter as ADM.Then go to run,type:cmd
In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow Install the xp cd when the bar graph starts,
When its thru,type:CHKDSK C: /F Then type:EXIT Restart computer.
If the account comes back,ok,if not create a new account,the old is corrupt.
Also,run the DOS window in min.,sometimes the graph runs behind it.