If I freeze my Flashlight

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
use that?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

Is that a definite no, or could I use the liquid nitrogen to get a
boson matrix? I'm thinking if I can get some quantum entanglement going
I could have light in two places at once and only have to buy one
flashlight (which I already own, hence my question)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

Good tip! I hadn't even considered the filament. Guess its back to the
drawing board.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

I really don't look at that much stuff. I mostly just use the
flashlight to sneak up on the fridge at night. I like to check and make
sure the light in the fridge is working while I'm sleeping. That and
the flashlight really keeps my drinks cold since I started keeping it
in the liquid nitrogen.

By the way you aren't perchance in the market for a slightly used
flashlight are you?

From: <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com>

| If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
| feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
| don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
| all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
| new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
| liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
| use that?

What does that have to do with Win98 ?
What does it have to do with politics ?
Do you understand what is considered "On Topic" and "Off Topic" subject matter for a given
News Group ?

"...newfangled LSD flashlights..." -- now wonder you are so way off LSD !
Do you know what that does to your brain cells ;-)

If you freeze a flashlight, the light will NOT slowdown !
It doesn't matter if the source is cold or hot the photonic emissions will emanate at
29,979,250,000 cm/s

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com>

| Is that a definite no, or could I use the liquid nitrogen to get a
| boson matrix? I'm thinking if I can get some quantum entanglement going
| I could have light in two places at once and only have to buy one
| flashlight (which I already own, hence my question)

If you were to place the flashlight in Liquid Nitrogen you *may* extend the battery life but
the thaw period would be long and the flashlight would be unusable until its close to room
temperature. I think its pointless. Go with Lithium batteries, they will last longer and
the light from the flashlight will remain more or less constant during the life of the
batteries and their charge will only fall off the "knee" towards the end of the Lithium
battery's life. The only detriment is this will also shorten the life of the filament based
bulb because the filament will run hotter for a longer period time thus reducing its
resultant lifespan.

--

> From: <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com>
>
> | Is that a definite no, or could I use the liquid nitrogen to get a
> | boson matrix? I'm thinking if I can get some quantum entanglement going
> | I could have light in two places at once and only have to buy one
> | flashlight (which I already own, hence my question)
>
> If you were to place the flashlight in Liquid Nitrogen you *may* extend
> the battery life but
> the thaw period would be long and the flashlight would be unusable until
> its close to room
> temperature. I think its pointless. Go with Lithium batteries, they will
> last longer and
> the light from the flashlight will remain more or less constant during the
> life of the
> batteries and their charge will only fall off the "knee" towards the end
> of the Lithium
> battery's life. The only detriment is this will also shorten the life of
> the filament based
> bulb because the filament will run hotter for a longer period time thus
> reducing its
> resultant lifespan.

Just quit looking at stuff.

Then you can sell your flashlight.

loony_bin@partlycloudy.com wrote:

> If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
> feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
> don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
> all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
> new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
> liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
> use that?

xxxx
Do us all a favor and drop your nads into the nitrogen for
half an hour. That alone will improve the out LOOK for
tomorrow's gene pool will be brighter without you buying
batteries at all.

29:)

I don't know about slowing the light down, but to speed it up you could
always apply CoolWhip(tm) to the device. Everything goes faster with
CoolWhip on it.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

<laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message
> If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
> feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
> don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
> all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
> new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
> liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
> use that?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

laundry_room@partlycloudy.com wrote:

> If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown.

No. Light is photons and in a vacuum photons have the speed c. In every
intertial frame of reference, too. Freezing the batteries will lower the
voltage because the chemical reaction that produce the electron flow
will be inhibited. Tell me, sport. Did you learn physics from the back
of a corn flake carton?

Bob Kolker

"robert j. kolker" wrote:

> laundry_room@partlycloudy.com wrote:
>
> > If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown.
>
> No. Light is photons and in a vacuum photons have the speed c. In every
> intertial frame of reference, too. Freezing the batteries will lower the
> voltage because the chemical reaction that produce the electron flow
> will be inhibited. Tell me, sport. Did you learn physics from the back
> of a corn flake carton?

I've never seen a box of corn flakes even that ignorant of fundamental
physics.
--
Gregory Gadow
techbear@serv.net

"[T]hose who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves;
and, under the rule of a just God, cannot long retain it."
-- Pres. George W. Bush, Hypocrite, his inauguration speech, 2005

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

<laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight

Hope springs eternal.......

Be careful that you don't destabilize your Kirlian aura.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

laundry_room@partlycloudy.com wrote:

> I really don't look at that much stuff. I mostly just use the
> flashlight to sneak up on the fridge at night. I like to check and make
> sure the light in the fridge is working while I'm sleeping. That and
> the flashlight really keeps my drinks cold since I started keeping it
> in the liquid nitrogen.
>
> By the way you aren't perchance in the market for a slightly used
> flashlight are you?

Is this a contest to see how transparently obvious your trolling can be
and still generate at least seemingly serious responses?

--
"Throw me that lipstick, darling, I wanna redo my stigmata."

+-Jennifer Saunders, "Absolutely Fabulous"

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation') wrote:
> laundry_room@partlycloudy.com wrote:
> >
> > I really don't look at that much stuff. I mostly just use the
> > flashlight to sneak up on the fridge at night. I like to check and
make
> > sure the light in the fridge is working while I'm sleeping. That
and
> > the flashlight really keeps my drinks cold since I started keeping
it
> > in the liquid nitrogen.
> >
> > By the way you aren't perchance in the market for a slightly used
> > flashlight are you?
> >
> Is this a contest to see how transparently obvious your trolling can
be
> and still generate at least seemingly serious responses?
>

> --
> "Throw me that lipstick, darling, I wanna redo my stigmata."
>
> +-Jennifer Saunders, "Absolutely Fabulous"

Actually it was an attempt to provide some humor. The people who don't
have a stick up
their ass actually got it, while some others are lost and lash out
because they apparently have no other social skills to deal with
anything out of the narrow confines by which they define their
'newsgroup experience'. Try not to take yourself and life in general
too serious, its all only temporary after all.

From: <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com>

| Actually it was an attempt to provide some humor. The people who don't
| have a stick up
| their ass actually got it, while some others are lost and lash out
| because they apparently have no other social skills to deal with
| anything out of the narrow confines by which they define their
| 'newsgroup experience'. Try not to take yourself and life in general
| too serious, its all only temporary after all.

All that's all fine but Cross-Posting such Off Topic subject matter is an abuse of UseNet !

I wouldn't have a problem if you just posted this /*attempt*/ at light hearted humour in
just one News Group.

--

> Actually it was an attempt to provide some humor. The people who don't
> have a stick up
> their ass actually got it, while some others are lost and lash out
> because they apparently have no other social skills to deal with
> anything out of the narrow confines by which they define their
> 'newsgroup experience'. Try not to take yourself and life in general
> too serious, its all only temporary after all.

Are you serious?
I really think that if you put the flashlite up your rectum (while being turned
on), with the lens pointing upwards towards your head, [doesn't matter if it
just came out of the nitrogen or not (except it might be easier to insert while
warm, although over a hopefully short time it would warm up to body temp)] that
every time you open your mouth, you would see a light out of your mouth.
Just think, never again worry about a burnt out light bulb in your fridge while
having a late night snack.
Also, if you get the hic-cups, you would be flashing the Morse code.
Enjoy.
PS: Perhaps you are the one that has the 'narrow confines'.
Buffalo :)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,rec.org.mensa,alt.angst,sci.econ,seattle.politics (More info?)

laundry_room@partlycloudy.com wrote:
> If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like
> to feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight,
> but I don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD
> flashlights that all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel
> like springing for new batteries, so will they last longer if I
> freeze them? I can get liquid nitrogen for free from the particle
> accelerator at work, can I use that?

The big advantage of freezing is that when you turn on the flashlight
the light beam will travel very slowly. Consequently, you can grab the
end of the beam with your free hand, bend it and aim it up your ass.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

> Also, if you get the hic-cups, you would be flashing the Morse code.

I think it would then be called Arse Code.....

> "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > Also, if you get the hic-cups, you would be flashing the Morse code.
>
> I think it would then be called Arse Code.....

Probably.
If you can't have a little fun in life??????
:)

Ah....glad to see you are getting away from the chocolates, Richard. ;-)

> I don't know about slowing the light down, but to speed it up you could
> always apply CoolWhip(tm) to the device. Everything goes faster with
> CoolWhip on it.

> * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
> * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
>

> <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message
> > If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
> > feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
> > don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
> > all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
> > new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
> > liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
> > use that?

I just assumed he was hiding the chocolate with Cool-Whip! And well he
should. Hide chocolate, that is. Otherwise I'm liable to steal it!

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Ah....glad to see you are getting away from the chocolates, Richard.
;-)

> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know about slowing the light down, but to speed it up you
could
> > always apply CoolWhip(tm) to the device. Everything goes faster
with
> > CoolWhip on it.
> >
> > --
> > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> > * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
> > * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
> >

> > <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message
> > > If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd
like to
> > > feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight,
but I
> > > don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights
that
> > > all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing
for
> > > new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can
get
> > > liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work,
can I
> > > use that?

shhh ... don't tell anyone but I use the CoolWhip(tm) to hide the chocolate.
All anyone sees is a big fluffy mound of whipped cream and I can get away
with having almost anything below the blanket of white sweetness. ;-)

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

> Ah....glad to see you are getting away from the chocolates, Richard. ;-)
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> I don't know about slowing the light down, but to speed it up you could
>> always apply CoolWhip(tm) to the device. Everything goes faster with
>> CoolWhip on it.
>>
>> --
>> * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
>> * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
>>

>> <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message
>> > If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd like to
>> > feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight, but I
>> > don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights that
>> > all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing for
>> > new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can get
>> > liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work, can I
>> > use that?

Well, does Redmond sink any less low now after his arrival?

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| Ah....glad to see you are getting away from the chocolates, Richard.
;-)

| "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
| > I don't know about slowing the light down, but to speed it up you
could
| > always apply CoolWhip(tm) to the device. Everything goes faster
with
| > CoolWhip on it.
| >
| > --
| > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| > * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
| > * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
| >

| > <laundry_room@partlycloudy.com> wrote in message
| > > If I Freeze my Flashlight, will it make the light slowdown. I'd
like to
| > > feel like I'm getting a little more light out of my flashlight,
but I
| > > don't want to spring for one of those newfangled LSD flashlights
that
| > > all the kids use nowadays. Hell I don't even feel like springing
for
| > > new batteries, so will they last longer if I freeze them? I can
get
| > > liquid nitrogen for free from the particle accelerator at work,
can I
| > > use that?

We'll find out in a few months. I went to Chicago and they didn't have any
problems so it's quite likely. ;-)

> Well, does Redmond sink any less low now after his arrival?

I think Chicago is bigger, though!