WIN98 internet gateway

I have a system WIN98 that almost always "Gateway not responding"
on restart. I end task and it reboots OK. I am working with another
system WIN98SE that freezes on the blue Windows shuting down
screen on 'restart'. When I kill the Internet Gateway program, it restarts
OK, else I have to use the power button. Are there any settings to adjust
or other hints to solve this problem. The WIN98 system is hooked to a
5 port Linksys switch to a wired D-link router to a cable modem. The
WIN98SE system is hooked to a wired LAN port on a DI 524 Dlink
wireless router to a cable router. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks......
1 answer Last reply
More about win98 internet gateway

    Ask this in the Networking group, where the network gurus hang out.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "bob engler" <engler@0sand1s-software.com> wrote in message
    > I have a system WIN98 that almost always "Gateway not responding"
    > on restart. I end task and it reboots OK. I am working with another
    > system WIN98SE that freezes on the blue Windows shuting down
    > screen on 'restart'. When I kill the Internet Gateway program, it restarts
    > OK, else I have to use the power button. Are there any settings to adjust
    > or other hints to solve this problem. The WIN98 system is hooked to a
    > 5 port Linksys switch to a wired D-link router to a cable modem. The
    > WIN98SE system is hooked to a wired LAN port on a DI 524 Dlink
    > wireless router to a cable router. ANY IDEAS????
    >
    > Thanks......

Gateway Internet Windows