How do I get rid of Norton completely?

It is part of Norton system works 2002 which I hear is a bit of a beast.
Within add and remove programs there are some symantec programs which as
I said previously I think relate to what I have uninstalled in one way
or another. I tried regcleaner but it didn't pick up on any funny
norton registry keys. That ps isn't online so what is the best way of
ridding myself of small mess(question mark).

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

Use a different computer to go to Symantec site, find and print
appropriate instructions, find and download their uninstall/cleanup
utility, burn them to CD and take that to the problem machine.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1mnuzy@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message

> It is part of Norton system works 2002 which I hear is a bit of a
beast.
> Within add and remove programs there are some symantec programs which
as
> I said previously I think relate to what I have uninstalled in one way
> or another. I tried regcleaner but it didn't pick up on any funny
> norton registry keys. That ps isn't online so what is the best way of
> ridding myself of small mess(question mark).
> Ron Martell Wrote:
> > PSYCHOPIXIE PSYCHOPIXIE.1mmxoa@news.win98banter.com wrote:
> > -
> >
> > I have uninstalled Norton but Xp thinks it is still present. I
forgot
> > uninstall before upgrade from 98se to xp home and so the email
> > scanning
> > part of Norton got corrupted. I then uninstalled the program and
> > attempted to reinstall but xp thinks that Norton still exists on the
> > pc. I realise this is a common problem and it isn't a huge one at
that
> > as I wish to abandon Norton and use McAfee anyway but it's driving
me
> > nuts. I am not brave enough to start fiddling with the registry
> > either.
> > On add and remove programs Norton isn't present but some associated
> > files(web update nonsense) are and I cannot uninstall as I get a
> > message saying Norton anti virus uses them. As ever thanks in
> > advance.-
> >
> > What version of Norton? If it is NAV 2002 or 2003 then get the
> > RNAV2003.EXE utility from the Symantec website and run it to clean
up
> > the mess that the Norton uninstaller leave behind.
> >
> > Also go through your hard drive and delete any left-over
> > Norton/Symantec folders.
> >
> > Good luck
> >

> > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> > --
> > Microsoft MVP
> > On-Line Help Computer Service
> > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
> >
> > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
>

> --
> PSYCHOPIXIE

newbie

Will you please tell us why should we use different computer to go to
Symantic site for downloading their uninstall/cleanup
utility?
Cant we burn them to CD in same computer?
TIA

> Use a different computer to go to Symantec site, find and print
> appropriate instructions, find and download their uninstall/cleanup
> utility, burn them to CD and take that to the problem machine.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1mnuzy@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It is part of Norton system works 2002 which I hear is a bit of a
> beast.
> > Within add and remove programs there are some symantec programs which
> as
> > I said previously I think relate to what I have uninstalled in one way
> > or another. I tried regcleaner but it didn't pick up on any funny
> > norton registry keys. That ps isn't online so what is the best way of
> > ridding myself of small mess(question mark).
> > Ron Martell Wrote:
> > > PSYCHOPIXIE PSYCHOPIXIE.1mmxoa@news.win98banter.com wrote:
> > > -
> > >
> > > I have uninstalled Norton but Xp thinks it is still present. I
> forgot
> > > uninstall before upgrade from 98se to xp home and so the email
> > > scanning
> > > part of Norton got corrupted. I then uninstalled the program and
> > > attempted to reinstall but xp thinks that Norton still exists on the
> > > pc. I realise this is a common problem and it isn't a huge one at
> that
> > > as I wish to abandon Norton and use McAfee anyway but it's driving
> me
> > > nuts. I am not brave enough to start fiddling with the registry
> > > either.
> > > On add and remove programs Norton isn't present but some associated
> > > files(web update nonsense) are and I cannot uninstall as I get a
> > > message saying Norton anti virus uses them. As ever thanks in
> > > advance.-
> > >
> > > What version of Norton? If it is NAV 2002 or 2003 then get the
> > > RNAV2003.EXE utility from the Symantec website and run it to clean
> up
> > > the mess that the Norton uninstaller leave behind.
> > >
> > > Also go through your hard drive and delete any left-over
> > > Norton/Symantec folders.
> > >
> > > Good luck
> > >

> > > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> > > --
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > On-Line Help Computer Service
> > > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
> > >
> > > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> > > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
> >

> > --
> > PSYCHOPIXIE

Read PSYCHOPIXIE's previous post. The computer with problems isn't
online. Has no internet connection.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User